Author Topic: Needed...2 Team-mates for '04 BITD OVER-40 Expert Class!  (Read 15036 times)

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Needed...2 Team-mates for '04 BITD OVER-40 Expert Class!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2003, 01:55:25 PM »
The schedule is out and here it is...

http://www.bitd.com/ri_soe2004.html

TA DA!

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2003, 01:57:15 PM »
D@MN, Manny I just realized I was racing Open Pro at that Parker "250" when it was a Whiplash race, the Parker 400. Now, I'm really leaning towards doing this... oh man, my wife is gonna kill me :lol:

teamgreen500

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2003, 04:34:13 PM »
I'm waiting to hear back from Jim and we'll go from there. I've got one of my team-members from '99 that wants in if we go O-30, so it looks pretty open from here.

Heck, we may end up creating 2 teams from all this!

Rick

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 07:32:05 AM »
Talked to the wife, and as expected, not a go for 2004.  As you might imagine, the boy was not happy at all.  Oh well, he's young, he'll get over it.  If he continues to improve through 2004 (expecially if he can score an OA at 14 years old), she gave the thumbs up for 2005.  Dang, hope I can still ride a bike...old age ya know.

Rick

teamgreen500

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2003, 03:05:57 PM »
That does it. I'm going up North this Season and that kid is going to WIN! Then, we'll sneak him into the late BITDs with his moms approval.

I figure if I ALSO chase at one or two of these runs AND threaten to run him OVER...he'll go so fast his mom will decide he's ready!

Well, it sounds like a good idea; but, then again, some of those areas up north get so tight that the kid will probably RUN ME OVER!

Manny

teamgreen500

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2003, 05:04:56 PM »
Also, look at it this way Rick.

You'll ba pushin' 50 and maybe I'll get the chance, FOR ONCE!, to be "the young punk" holding you back!

Now, that's funny!

We need to get Sir John to fly his P.O.H.M. Arse over here and ride a good ol' fashioned Desert Race, U.S.A. Style, and then he can go back and tell the boys at the Pub about "Those CRAZY Yanks!"

Manny

BTW, P.O.H.M.= Prisoner Of Her Majesty...it's a joke. I am, actually, quite fond of our English cousins. Tony and the crew in the U.K. are the ONLY major Euro's to stick with Us, as in U.S....Oooohhhh Raaaahhhh!

Blood is thicker than water...even 3000 miles of water.

Offline John

• http://www.hallbergs.net
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2003, 10:33:28 AM »
Manny,

Thanks for the offer! I might take you up on it - another year... I am kind of busy and the schedule seems to be a bit long. Maybe I am too young - I am only 37 years young you know!
All excuses known - the truth is I won?t bee of any use for you in a desert race. You seem to be a guy who really likes to win. I, on the other hand am more in it for the fun and the occasional show-offs.

By the way, I was offered an employment in the US last week. I was given the choise between NY and Chicago. My wife chose neither for me... I was really tempted and ready to go. I tried to explain that I can take the kids and all the bikes and go out and ride in Deserts, but she doesn't really understand. Or maybe she does?

I would love to have a blast with you guys in a desert though. All the pictures I've seen and the stuff they show on TV looks soooo fun! Imagine having all that dirt all for yourself - magic! Then again, I won?t probably go to the US either.

I?ll settle for a trip to Morocco probably the coming spring. It?s a package deal where you get a week or so with a DR400 (or some other 4-stroker :(  ) meals and everything included. Sounds boring compared to what you?re up to there. But it is deserts anyway.

Desert + KX-500 is on my 2-do list before I become a pensioner. It must be a real pleassure with all the power :D

Good luck to you all! I know you'll keep us posted.

/John

teamgreen500

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2003, 02:33:52 PM »
Sir John,

Most of these guys probably think "Pensioner" has something to do with prison...you know...the language barrier.

About working in the U.S....I HIGHLY recm'd taking another look.

Come on over for a few years and treat it like a vacation. You and the family will have a blast! I'd pick N.Y. and I'd bet the wife will never want to go home! The kids, too. Heck, you can fly home for visits CHEAP!

If it were at all possible..come out to Cali. and I GAURANTEE that she'll want to stay!

I've got plenty of room at my place for an "Inspection of the States" visit! The Doors OPEN! I can even scrape up a spare scoot for the visit! Oh, say a K5 or a new 250F?

Come on Over,

Manny

K5RACER

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2003, 04:17:22 PM »
Topped at 105! Race!!! on a KX500!!! No problem! Got anything more challenging??

29 Though.  :lol:

teamgreen500

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2003, 11:08:39 AM »
The "29" thing is a problem, you don't even qualify for the "Vet" class.

d**n kids!

Come racin' anyways and get a couple of other "Youngin''s" and ROOST!

Manny

teamgreen500

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2003, 11:19:51 AM »
Well, Paul,

It looks like you and I might need to do a little ridin' and see if we can grab some trophies!

Send me an e-mail. I'll send you back my phone and stuff.

Manny
p.s....I'll be going down to Orange County to pick-up/install my motor soon and it might be a good time to hook up for a ride.

K5RACER

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2003, 12:49:24 PM »
Roost?!! HAAA! But yeah I can see at 29 it wouldnt be fair for the older guys over 40 that Trail race.  :lol:  
HEY! now i was just kidding! Really I think its cool their are guys out there over 40 that still ride 500s. I know I probably will not have the energy for it at that age. I have allready slowed a bit at 29. Anyway have fun and good luck, Ill be watching.  :shock:

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2003, 01:27:34 PM »
You're on Manny, as long as serving in the Army doesn't interfere I'll be there :wink:

As far as old... my neighbor just sold his KX500. Mind you he won his number one plate in the over 60 class on a KX420 in 1982, won his number one over 70 on a brand new 1993 KX500 in 1994 and JUST quite racing last year. He rides an EXC 450 now, says the 500 was just too hard to kick, besides the KTM has the button so I'd have to agree :lol:

sdkx500

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2003, 01:53:17 PM »
Thats cool... I hope you guys do well.  Im 30 but I dont think im fast enough.  I am going to enter my first race this winter.  Anybody know what a European scramble is?

teamgreen500

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2003, 01:21:38 PM »
Hey Rick and Paul...

If it's possible: How about you both discussing a BITD event or two that you'd like to ride and each of you, on a given event can be the third man?

My Team-mate from the past, and virtual-lil'bro, Bobby Zades is going to be my team-mate for the season and we can handle it on our own; However, at the longer events (Vegas-Reno, etc.) having a #3 man is a good thing and an opportunity for someone.

Look over the sched. and see what you think! It would give you a chance to get in and enjoy an event without the burden of having to worry about the whole darn season.

I think it could be fun and would make for good forum building!

Manny

Who knows what it could evolve into for '05?