Author Topic: Needed...2 Team-mates for '04 BITD OVER-40 Expert Class!  (Read 15038 times)

teamgreen500

Needed...2 Team-mates for '04 BITD OVER-40 Expert Class!
« on: September 15, 2003, 10:28:02 AM »
I'm looking for "Volunteers". It's dangerous, no-one will know what you're doing and there will be no medals; however, your country needs you and that, men, should be enough!

ACTUALLY-

I'm going after the Trophies Again!

I'm looking for 2 (We can get by with just 1 if need be, but, we're allowed 3 riders) rather fast and SMART over 40 riders to kick-A$$ in the BITDs in '04!

We'll share equipment and expenses. If it's my bike we run, fine; HOWEVER, it's a team thing. I can bring a lot of "Benefits" (FOX gear deal, Team Green Support...and others TBD). I prefere to do ALL the pre-runs together-because it's THE smart thing to do and we can communicate/use our intel to win, I also enjoy getting the opportunity to share different "Approaches" to variouse types of terrain and "Sections".

Also, we may need to get a "Parts-Bike", which is a shared expense and can actually become a "profit center" at the end of the season. Usually one of the members buys out the others OR it rolls forward into the next season. This is WAY CHEAPER/BETTER than buying spares...TRUST ME!

We'll share entry and other expenses like lodging (When possible...like renting a "Suite" in Tonapah and saving on multi-rooms) if that works for everyone.

THIS IS FUN...BUT, WE ARE THERE TO WIN! Which, of-course, is also FUN!

We'll all need to be seriouse about the WHOLE SEASON...which is also fun.

I'd like to ride a few times with anyone who's interested so that we can get a feel for what we're talking about.

You don't have to be "James Stewart" or D.H.;However, you do need to be an accomplished Off-Roader/Trail Rider...and speed shouldn't be a problem for you.

These bikes are geared for up to 105 mph and, trust me, they'll do it!

These bikes are Team-Green prepped MISSLES! I ain't talking SCUDs here, I'm talking Trident II-D5 MIRV action, BABY! POP 'em if you've got 'em!

Go to www.bitd.com and check it out. If you're stupid, er...I mean..., If you're crazy enough to still be interested, just send me an e or p.m.

Heck, I don't know if the '04 sched is out yet, call'em if you have to.

Anyone in the Military: If for some reason you couldn't make an event due to call up or one of your "Week-ends"...we'll work around that. I/We will not let your heroic gesture prevent you from being involved. BTW, thanks to those that serve.

This is the time to win, AGAIN!

Manny
teamgreen500@yahoo.co.uk

Rick

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 02:09:38 AM »
Manny,

Boy that sounds like a blast!!  Anyone who has raced at the National level knows the thrill of competing on some of the best courses around.  While I would love to be involved, for the next few years, I will be helping my youngest (just turned 14) in his quest for offroad greatness.  He is currently first 125 expert in the regional offroad series, and looks unbeatable in the fall races.  He also ran 2nd overall at the last race in the spring season (until hitting a tree on the last lap and snapping his brake line.  Still finished fifth overall without a front brake), so has proven he is fast enough to play with the big dogs.  If his 2004 season plays like his 2003, we will be working a Team Green support ride for 2005.  

Anyway, I want to stay plugged into your 2004 season to see how things are going.  I'm pretty fast, and until this year, ran the Open expert class in the regional series.  Even won the Open Expert class (and 4th overall on the season) when I was 41 (that would be two years ago), so still have the guts to go fast.  After Ben gets going at the National level, I would like to look at jumping on your team.  Maybe 2005.  My oldest son and I looked at teaming for the BITD several years ago, but since I had to pay the whole bill, it just wasn't possible.

Anyone who is remoutely interested should contact Manny, as this would be a kick.  Might have to forgo all your other normal races to make the finances work, but what an opportunity.  Also, John Braash and team Kawi know how to make things work at this level.  John provided a lot of help when we were racing the Nationals exclusively several years ago (I was still riding ametuer, but my son finished 3rd 125 expert for several seasons), and knows how to provide winning support.  Get with Manny.  You only live once, and you can't take the money with you anyway.

Why let the kids have all the fun....

Rick

teamgreen500

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 04:32:16 AM »
Rick,

Your son could race BITD and get into that "support" a year early.

We could ride the Ol' Guy class and he could ride 125. That way he's right there in-front of the "Green" folks and he's racing THE off-road series in the minds off "TEAM GREEN". The only complication might be gettin' him a team-mate. And I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny and I couldn't help in that regard.

Think about it. 2 Birds...One stone.

Just an idea.

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 04:35:57 AM »
Hmmm... I have an a$$ haulin' nephew thats 15. He races a '03 CR250 regionally but I don't hold that against him :lol:

Push come to shove I can see if he's interested.

teamgreen500

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 07:30:51 AM »
Now we're talkin'.
This is the kinda thinkin' it takes. Where's everyone located?

I'm in Redding; But, I get down to So.Cal and Vegas alot. This series is in Nevada and 1 event in Mexico (Where we will probably have to figure out our own pit-service. Kawi probably won't be there...D.H., don't ya know...).

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 07:54:40 AM »
Arizona, about 20 miles east of Phoenix. Too young to race 40+ but I can sure help pit if needed :mrgreen:

Rick

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 10:41:37 AM »
I'm in Idaho, so close to Nevada.  Unfortunately, my wife is all too familiar with the BITD series, and won't go for that series for Ben, yet.  Too fast.  Since this is his first year on a 125 (he got tired of not having any competition on an 80cc), and he just turned 14 in July, the thought was to let him ride the 125 expert in the regional series first, and then ease him into some of the H&H Nationals.  My job is to follow behind him (racing the 40+ class of course), so if he crashes, I'm only a few mintues back.

Now in 2005, this just might be a plan.  Because of the high entries in the BITD, we would have to opt out of all of the other races, with the exception of the ISDE qualifiers that are close, as I just love these two day events.  Regionals, and H&H Nationals would have to go.  For 2004, the plan is to see if he can win a few overalls in the regional series, and throw in the Nationals in Utah and Nevada (assuming they are still around).  The BITD will just have to wait one more year.  

Rick

teamgreen500

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 10:51:15 AM »
Well, then put the word out. KX500 riders are the clear choice.

I'll have to check into Idaho racing. The stateline is closer than most people realize...just around the corner...of California, that is.

So, Paul, how old are you?

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 01:16:46 PM »
Manny, I'm a spry 34 :lol:

teamgreen500

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 01:21:05 PM »
When do you hit 35?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 04:23:31 PM »
This September 28th :wink:

mikesmith

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2003, 06:35:43 PM »
Hey Manny were you part of that three man team the Record Searchlight had an article on a few years back that raced a KX500 in the BITD series?The bike had a purple rear fender,Id see it around town but its been a long time since Ive seen it.

teamgreen500

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2003, 10:06:47 AM »
Mike, Yes.

That was the P.O.S. we rode in the '97 "Vegas to Reno" race and the entire '98 season. In '99 we rode Expert, 1-2 events as I recall on a stocker with some suspension and engine mod's.

All that racing went real well; however, at the last event we ran in '99-I talked to Bones at P.C. about how much I HATED the MUSHY suspension we had. With a set of spanners and a screw driver he took it from mush to MOTO!

In late 2000, I got a new scoot, K5 of-course...manly man that I am...I keep telling myself that after the wife beats me up...., and put it in the Kawi MX team hauler after a race weekend (I was observing R.C. and Company "Whoopin' A$$" on the rest) and George delivered it to John @ Team Green.

What I got back is a 500 MX Nats bikes with all the Desert frame and cooling mods.

All the stuff I listed about my bike in the Newbie Section was done then. I'll never ride a K5 with a different set-up!

My bike feels EXACTLY like my '89 KX125s that were built for REAL MOTO! It takes just a little more effort to throw around; BUT, not much more!

My K5 has suspension that I used to beg for/dream of...and this includes a full tilt '97 RM250 w/ Works front forks (Thanks Roger!) and all Factory Connection set-up.

I can't begin to tell you what a TURD that old race bike was, infact, I'm gonna need counseling to get over the grief! Thanks MIKE!

Just kidding...on the counseling that is...

Now, where's Paul...oh, there you are!

What would you say your riding ability is? Does 105mph on a Lake Bed bother you or have you always wanted to Drag Race-anyways?

I'm gonna check the "Age-Groups" and we'll talk.

ALSO, WE NEED TO WORK ON RICK!

His kid couldn't be safer than on a 125 at a BITD. Furthermore, I'll do whatever I can to get him some pit and hardware support at Kawi!

I'm still pushin'

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2003, 10:42:41 AM »
Hey Manny, me and the green machine have been clocked @ 108 across the waterbars in the Snowflake Whiplash races here in AZ. Speeds not a problem, i gear up 15/42 and cuss when it quits pullin' - no big deal though, there isn't a Honduh for miles at that point :lol:

teamgreen500

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2003, 01:04:21 PM »
Good News Paul,

I got an e from another young punk (Anyone under 40!) that's also probably too d**n fast! His name is Jim. He's 38...so you're the young guy that has to save us from the younger/faster guys!

We might be lookin' at a team in the 0-30 class.

Please re-read the original post and see if you have any Q's. We might have a team! I'll check back here or you can e-me via the post (teamgreen@yahoo.co.uk).

Next step: Meet & Greet & Ride!

Lets go kicksome A$$!

Manny

p.s....I'm guessing that we can ride in SoCal somewhere...that's only 600 miles away for me!