Author Topic: ReTorquing Query  (Read 9341 times)

MarkNZ

Re torquing Query
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2003, 04:49:15 PM »
Rick,
I Take my Hat off, You Spend more Time on your KX than I do watching TV. I'd Like to know what you'll be Riding when Mr K pulls the Plug on the Big 5 ( and whens that gonna happen ??) 300miles a Week ??!!

Apart from Being Gun-shy and not wanting to spend another 6 weeks in a Sling, Southern Paranoia, I Must get Out more, Though my Riding Buddies are all doing the Nappy Changing thing, I'm the 42 Year Old who chose Life Before the Wife. Thanks for the Info

Rick

ReTorquing Query
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2003, 02:40:14 AM »
Not sure what I will ride after the 500.  I really DO NOT want to switch to a four stroke, but I would expect we will all be riding hard valve machines long before I quite riding.  My current plan is to make the last 500 I purchase take me as far as it can.  Parts are all over the place, so hard parts are going to be easy to find for some time.  I think plastic will become the problem, as well as the 120x19 tire.  While I have never switched to an 18 inch rear, I will probably do so this year, as the 120x19 tires are becoming more expensive, even with good sponsorship.  On the plastic issue, since I use 250 plastic on everything except side panels, I will avoid issues in most areas.  I will be curious to see the first Kawasaki 450 that is due out mid year.  Might even try and get a ride on one, but just for curiousity, not to move towards a purchase.  

As for time spent on the bike, my youngest son is only 13 years old (the only one left in the house), and he loves to ride.  Since he is getting really fast, he is my riding buddy, so I get the privelage of spending a lot of time with him just one-on-one.

As for the TV, most of my work on the KX is done with ESPN or Speedvision on the TV in the garage.  In fact, I am currently working through the plans for a new garage (this will give the small one to my wife for her car), complete with heating system, larger TV, fridge, mircowave, and bathroom.  I even tried to talk my wife into putting a door from our bedroom to the garage, but no-go.  OK, I guess I will have to concede something.

Finally, once the kids are out of the house, I'm trying to talk my wife into switching to rally racing, with my wife as the navigator.  If the "thrill" is too much for her, I will stick with motorcycles, and we will just travel around and race all of the fun stuff, especially back east.

Boy, I love my life...

Rick