Author Topic: Radiators  (Read 2406 times)

Offline serafin

Radiators
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:58:43 AM »
Hi everyone

Does anyone know if the radiators on the kx500 fit any other applications or are they specific to the kx500?

serafin

Offline alan

• Administrator
Re: Radiators
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »
I am not sure, however you could go into an OEM site and look up KX125, 250 & 500 for various years and see it they have the same part numbers. Here is a link to one I use..............

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fiche_select.asp

Alan :-D
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline serafin

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:52:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply Alan.  I was hoping that someone knew the answer prior to doing the research.  Which brings up another topic, how about a new category on the forum "interchangeable parts"

Serafin

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 12:05:54 PM »
Everything is interchangeable with a big enough hammer.  :wink:
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline FactoryPhil

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 03:09:41 PM »
Any good Kawasaki dealer should be able to help. Kawasaki Motors furnishes it's dealers (at least they used to) with parts interchangeability information. It takes a single part number and resolves it to the model or models that the part number is applicable to. And to answer your question, sorry I don't know if any other rad's will fit. As bad as it sounds....just save up and buy new ones. I have two bikes that I have tried to buy used ones for and all attempts have ended miserably. As far as repair.....I couldn't get the one place that was recommended to me to respond to an email so I figured that was an indication of their overall customer service, so I passed. Hope this helps somewhat.
It's not if you crash ...it's when
I'm on IRC efnet #mp3addics-chat Mechanos or MechServ

Offline kx666

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »
Any good Kawasaki dealer should be able to help. Kawasaki Motors furnishes it's dealers (at least they used to) with parts interchangeability information. It takes a single part number and resolves it to the model or models that the part number is applicable to. And to answer your question, sorry I don't know if any other rad's will fit. As bad as it sounds....just save up and buy new ones. I have two bikes that I have tried to buy used ones for and all attempts have ended miserably. As far as repair.....I couldn't get the one place that was recommended to me to respond to an email so I figured that was an indication of their overall customer service, so I passed. Hope this helps somewhat.

of all the information Kawasaki gives (kawasaki and hondaa do a the best at suporting there dealers) no manufactures list anything to crossreference parts. the only way to find this out is to guess and check. kawasaki's website have fitche online.

i  agree with BDI on this...i monted an old honda radiator on a suzuki that had a kawasaki motor, it took a very big hammer  :wink:

Offline FactoryPhil

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 04:53:54 PM »
Exactly, I made all that up.
It's not if you crash ...it's when
I'm on IRC efnet #mp3addics-chat Mechanos or MechServ