Author Topic: and this is my KX500 !  (Read 12204 times)

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
Re: and this is my KX500 !
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 01:00:10 PM »
hey bdi, is that pipe one of those you were putting together earlier this year? or is it a one off creation by you? just curious and that whole bike looks killer man. love the graphics.  MADDOGGY

Offline BDI

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
Yes that pipe is the same as I was working on.  The graphics are of a little girl covered in blood with a chainsaw behind her back.  I think it's fitting for a 250 with a 500 engine in it.  I wonder what happend to davidvak1 I saw he was on here earlier reading this post but he did not reply I thought that was odd, he's the one who asked to see are bikes :?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:39:11 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline BDI

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »
woow mean monster!! :-o

do you have the flagmount ?
and is it for safety reasons ?

nice conversion!!
At the sand dunes we have to have a flag by law and that is the only place that bike gets ridden so yes it has a flag mount.

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 06:04:22 PM »
bdi, after i examined the pix of your bike i noticed that you are running the three ribbed kings front sand tire. how do you like it compared to other fronts you've tried in sand?  MADDOGGY

Offline BDI

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2007, 06:12:18 PM »
the only place I can really say it makes a difference is when you are side tracking a dune. If you try to turn up the dune it will actually go up the dune. If you noticed the back tire, that tire sucks and that was the first and last time it will ever see the dunes. At high speeds that tire is scary it rides up on those fins and gets real squirly at 80+ mph that is no fun and it does not hook that well so back to the king turbo 8 cup
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 06:20:55 PM by BDI »

davidvak1

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 07:59:51 PM »
Yes that pipe is the same as I was working on.  The graphics are of a little girl covered in blood with a chainsaw behind her back.  I think it's fitting for a 250 with a 500 engine in it.  I wonder what happend to davidvak1 I saw he was on here earlier reading this post but he did not reply I thought that was odd, he's the one who asked to see are bikes :?

Hey BDI,  here i am !
i am from the other side of the glob, so when you are posting i am sleeping  :roll:
you have G O O D   L O O K I N G  piece of art !!!! loved it, although the red frame is not
the favorite color (for me personaly, don't take it hard).

i would love to see more of you guys posting the photos of your monsters !!!!

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
one other question here bdi, i run the plain silver rims and after a trip to the dunes i noticed the rims were buffed to a dull satin finish. i have considered going to an anodized colored rim like you have but i wonder if the color would wear off in the sand eventually. have you noticed any change in the finish since the rims were new? MADDOGGY

Offline BDI

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 09:51:02 AM »
If you put anodized rims on your bike and ride in the sand they will fade  :-( My buddies red wheels were pink in about a season and a half.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 10:10:28 AM by BDI »

Offline BDI

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 10:00:06 AM »

Hey BDI,  here i am !
i am from the other side of the glob, so when you are posting i am sleeping  :roll:
you have G O O D   L O O K I N G  piece of art !!!! loved it, although the red frame is not
the favorite color (for me personaly, don't take it hard).

i would love to see more of you guys posting the photos of your monsters !!!!
        I don't take it hard I do the things I do for me, if some one else happens to like it thats a bonus. Theres are two reasons the frame is red First reason is I thought it was something no one else would do to a kx. The second reason is the candy apple red powder coat over chrome matches all the anodized red hardware and the blood in the graphics.

Offline mdw471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 12:23:51 AM »
candy apple red powder coat over chrome that matches the annodizing and the red in the graphic............meeeoooowwww

gotta love/respect that level of dedication and execution!!!!!

Mark

for more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike, www.wolbrinkrace.blogspot.com