Author Topic: kx500 for dirttrack/ice.... setup?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline sonic

kx500 for dirttrack/ice.... setup?
« on: September 26, 2007, 11:42:13 AM »
Settingup my 02 5oo for ice and TT's and plan on extending swingarm and possibly changing rake. Has anyone had good results with either and if so, can you give me some numbers. I have alot of experience on the track, but think this monster could use some help to make it more trackable. (I will probably try a flywheel weight, but don't tell anyone cause I don't want them to think I can't handle the power)

Offline fluffy

Re: kx500 for dirttrack/ice.... setup?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 01:41:39 PM »
i have a 500 for flattrack,lowered forks and shock by durrell,580.00 front and rear wheels by east coast wheels 500.00 goodyear tire on front maxxis on rear 240.00.very hard to get traction with 1/4 throtle. i dont know why you would make the swingarm longer.shorter is better.before you put a weight on change the throttle to a 1/2 turn that may help.try flattrack mac,a lot of info.

Offline sonic

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 03:23:45 PM »
Come on, Has to be some one out there that has run one of these bad boys on a fast TT or 1/2 mile  I want to take this thing to the next level. Yes, it is lowered, I know what tires to use, just figured someone has tried other setups than stock and was wondering about results. I'm not talking stupid mods, maybe 3/4 to 1 1/4" ext. on swingarm (tell me I'm crazy , but front tire likes sky) and also to help with tire width (for when I go to a supermoto) and there are suppliers that put the leading axle down in line with the forks (for the 450's) to make it handle better for dirttracking. Any info from anyone that's been there, done that, please reply.                     P.S. Flattrack mac who?

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »
if you are a short track racer then you should know that name. Here it is.

www.flattrackmac.com