Author Topic: Works pipe?  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Rotorised

Works pipe?
« on: September 20, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
Hey guys has anyone used the pro circuit works pipe before?

Do they rust as quickly as they look like they would?  :?

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Re: Works pipe?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
Yes they rust, works pipe required maintenance. Scotch brite pad,steel wool and wd-40. For off road use the plated pipes are better. The works pipe will get stained from mud and requires wd-40 and elbow grease with scotch brite pad to clean the pipe. Can't beat the looks of works pipe but they are better used on motocross tracks where most of the time you only have dust or light, light mud to deal with.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Rotorised

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 01:44:22 AM »
Cheers, I keep telling myself I would be able to keep it clean but chances are it would be a rusted mess inside a week. hahahaha

Offline Platypus

• Platypus Racing
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 02:43:48 AM »
I had one an 87 CR250 many moons ago and it was difficult to keep clean.  I took it down to Ensenada in Baja California and rode for a couple days and it looked like it had 30 years of rust on it. 

Offline don46

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:18:18 AM »
All I run are the PC works pipes, they look so much better than the plated pipes. If you take care of them they don't rust, that means wash your bike and WD-40 it right away, if you leave mud on it can stain it. Naval Jelly works wonders on light rust, no elbow grease, but you have to take it off, and as an added bonus you get that white metal look with the seams darker. As far as plated pipes, if you run in rocks they get little dings, not dents just enough to rupture the plating, then they rust in those spots.

For me it's Works all the way, my .02
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »
I always used WD-40 after cleaning, but when the pipe doesnt looks nice any more I use WC EEND. :-o
What the F####! Its toilet cleaner, dont know how you name it. It hase bleatch or glore( pardon my france) in it. Thakes the rust away in a second!!!!
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline kx666

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 05:15:26 AM »
the wonderfull world of ProPrep....