Author Topic: air cannon  (Read 1989 times)

Offline BDI

air cannon
« on: September 19, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
I have to say I'm sorry for posting stuff that Is not KX related. My bike sits idle except for dune season. So around dune time you will get more from me. I thought a lot of you guys would like my new project. Watch these two vids and you will know what I'm up to. My cannon has a large aluminum CO2 tank that will hold thousands of PSI and I'm looking at some industrial valves that are rated up to 2600 PSI. These guys are shooting stuff In the 95 to 120 PSI range. The valve I'm using at the moment is rated at 150 PSI. With the industrial valve, I plan to use my nitrogen tank to charge my cylinder. I will be shooting stuff In the three to five hundred PSI range. :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmBRZ7UR3Rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJsoybEdm84
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:53:02 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline KXcam22

Re: air cannon
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:40:39 PM »
BDI,
  Make sure your cannon material is strong enough to take the pressure.  Wouldn't want it to explode into shrapnel. Sounds like fun. What do you shoot for a projectile.  Only riding in Dune season? You need to bring that paddle to Kamloops and try it in some snow!  Cam.

Offline demographic

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 08:14:32 AM »
 :-D  Thats about the funniest Youtube clip I have ever seen and the music suits it perfectly.

Offline FactoryPhil

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:44:56 PM »
That's awesome!!!!! It's even the brand of beer I drink...hahaha. A friend of mine made a spud gun once. I think since the spuddies are powered by an explosion they are considered a firearm. Where do the compressed air ones stand with the BATF?
It's not if you crash ...it's when
I'm on IRC efnet #mp3addics-chat Mechanos or MechServ

Offline kx666

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 08:23:58 AM »
thats awesome!

about six years ago i built a potato gun that was fueled by acetylene that was pressurized injected.
we have no clue how far the potato went, but each time we shot the gun we propped it up to a '91 chev s10 p/u and it would move the front tires about 8" to 14"
we had to replace the steel combustion chamber after two shots, but it was fun.