Author Topic: Grilled cheese sandwich  (Read 10802 times)

Offline BDI

Re: Grilled cheese sandwich
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 04:58:13 PM »
You do realize I was talking about a whole different sanwich right. :?
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

gokawi03

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 03:27:53 AM »
Grilled cheese over a campfire in a hobo pie maker.... Now that is some good stuff!

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 04:13:04 AM »
i like the classic grilled cheese for sure, but here's the one i really like. a plain white bagel ,toasted and buttered(real cow butter) and a couple slices of chipotle chedder cheese melted between. MMM, MMM, GOOD!                           

MADDOGGY

Offline GDubb

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 04:32:53 AM »
You do realize I was talking about a whole different sanwich right. :?

Yes... I was responding to where you said that you would have to have been beaten over the head with a two by four to eat like that when you were a kid.  I figured you said that refering to all the veggies you were talking about putting on your sandwich.  I just added my grilled cheese recipe on afterwards since it is the grilled cheese sandwich thread.  :wink:

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline BDI

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
Oops my bad, I guess I did get off topic on my own thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline BDI

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 07:20:28 AM »
New one. Bacon ,jalapeno thinly sliced and grilled on rye bread with American cheese. MMMM good. You guys ever use the silicone basting brushes like these? they work awsome no more bristles falling out in your food, they work great for BBQ sauce also. I melt my butter in a bowl in the microwave then spread it on with one of these. It makes for a better grilled sandwich because you get the butter a lot more even. Then you can just put your bowl of butter back in the fridge for next time.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:43:32 AM by BDI »

Offline BDI

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 07:28:52 AM »
Grilled cheese with american soure cream and a sprinkle of left over taco meat.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:56:14 AM by BDI »

Offline Rooster452

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
So I'm sitting in an orientation class for a new job site I have to go on to in las vegas called city center http://www.citycenter.com/. This job site is insane and plagued with deaths and accidents so now you have to sit threw 16 hours of osha and orientation classes just to set foot on the property. So I'm sitting in class watching this guy eat a sliced bread sandwich with big slices of dill pickles on it.  For the next few hours I'm thinking what kind of sandwich would taste good with big slices of dill pickle on it. This is what I came up with it's kind of odd and I'm sure it's not for every one if any one. The sandwich I came up with is this, sour dough with the big dill pickles cut long ways. I'm running olive loaf on that (from the deli) with strait up yellow Frenches mustard. I really liked it and tomorrow I'm going to run tomatos and onions on it to, It's funny how ones tastes change as you get older you would have had to beat me over the head with a two by four when I was a kid to get me to eat something like that.

Looks like a big job. Cool website. My favorite grilled cheese is with, slice of tomatoe, and raw sweet onion and on cooler days (we don't get to many) a side of chili.

Offline martinfan30

• 2000 KX500
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 07:41:28 AM »
These are killer with a combo of swiss and american!
2000 KX500
2005 XR650L

Neither are stock, and both are great desert bikes.

Motorrad

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
Made one for the wife the other night.. (she is a vegetarian)...

Was on Sourdough... with Gouda and goat cheese.... with caramelized apples in it...

Of coruse it was cooked in lots of butter...

was tasty...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:15:07 PM by Motorrad »

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 10:45:42 AM »
I just had to read the thread... And now that is what I will have for dinner! A classic BDI style grilled cheese..
 (wonder bread,real butter,and land o lakes american chz) with a cup o campbell's tomato soup!
Perfect weather for it too, it's raining out.... THE GREAT THAW HAS BEGUN! Now I have to wait thru mud season trail closings.. :|

Offline alward25

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
Wheat, tilimook cheese, butter, ketchup,  tomato soup mmmmm good.
"Let there be light"

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Mummm food  :-P.

Progresso makes a few different tomato soup's , like chunky tomato bit's in it & spices as well as more cheese in one.

Butter is one of those required cooking items there really is no substitute. I'm just waiting for butter & bacon to be labeled as health food. Its like chocolate & wine its good, no its bad , wait no we were right the first time its good, well no its gotta be bad it tastes to good. George Burns & cigars for that matter... 
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 11:04:17 AM »
It's really to bad that almost everything in that sandwich will eventually give you a clogged arteries! You could just call it a "Heart Attack Sandwich" :-o :-o Yep that's what I grew up on! :cry: :cry: You can still enjoy them without all the bad ingredients,  Some good whole-wheat bread, instead of White!  There are lots of wonderful cheeses instead of American, which is the leftover junk that the figured out what to do with instead of poring it down the drain!   And there are some really good healthy butter substitutes out there now that are actually good for you! I guess it just depends "How Long Do You Want to Live"!

I sill like them just as you described, but I am glad their are healthy alternatives! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Try Coconut Oil instead of butter. It's healthy and gives the taste of butter! If I put butter on your grilled cheese sandwhich, you ate it, then gave you another with coconut oil you wouldn't be able to taste the difference.

Pin it to win it!

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »
Prison Style baby!!!!

Ironing table, hot iron, waxed paper and heat till cheese melts!! :-P

I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"