Author Topic: new kx500 V-force  (Read 11532 times)

Offline BDI

Re: new kx500 V-force
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »
Im sorry Its been a little over a year and a half sense I bored my carb and built my Intake so even though this post has nothing to do with the size of my carb and I thought it would be rude to tell you to go f*ck your self. I figured I would pull my carb off my bike post a picture and tell you I'm sorry for exaggerating the size of my carb and promise not to lie any more about the size of my carb.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline BDI

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 07:39:02 PM »
Im sorry Its been a little over a year and a half sense I bored my carb and built my Intake so even though this post has nothing to do with the size of my carb and I thought it would be rude to tell you to go f*ck your self. I figured I would pull my carb off my bike post a picture and tell you I'm sorry for exaggerating the size of my carb and promise not to lie any more about the size of my carb.

Offline BDI

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 07:46:33 PM »
It's been over a year and a half since I built my carb and intake. I took It out and measured It. It turns out I was mistaken sorry. I used a bore gauge To get a good measurment My carb Is exsactly 41mm It Is my Intake tract that Is 42mm.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:31:51 AM by BDI »

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 08:11:52 PM »
i didn't say you were a lier. i just asked you how you did it. because if you can do it then you can make alot of money because of it. there are alot of guys that what that extra 1mm bore.

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 11:50:34 PM »
It's been over a year and a half since I built my carb and intake so even though this post has nothing to do with the size of my carb I took It out and measured it for you It turns out I am a lier sorry I will try not to lie any more In the future Is there anything else you would like to point out to try to meke me look stupid :x
No one want you to look stupid BDI! 8-)
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

Offline BigGreenMachine

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 03:11:40 AM »
If anything Kaw Rider wanted to know how you did it so he can do it with his.

Offline fluffy

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 07:45:34 AM »
are you trying to get the carb closer to the engine,if so why the spacer?

Offline don46

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 09:30:42 AM »
Speaking of carbs, I use a KX 250 carb bored to 40.5 mm, I can't tell  you exactly how much closer it is but you have to modify the bottom left of the manifold to get it to fit. This mod greatly affects throttle response, it's always been a Supercross trick to get the carb as close to the piston as possible to gain throttle response.

Now that I have the 250 ignition modified for the 500, I'm going to try the throttle positioner and a JD racing ignition, which I hope to be able to get the software and cables to reprogram it to my specs.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline BDI

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »
i didn't say you were a lier. i just asked you how you did it. because if you can do it then you can make alot of money because of it. there are alot of guys that what that extra 1mm bore.
Well I'm sure you guys have seen I changed my post but I probably can't change what you guys think of me. What I said and did was uncalled for and I'm embarassed for my actions. There Is no excuse for my actions. I apoligize to every one and I hope you guys do not think to badly of me. I have been thinking of what I did all day at work and I have been sick about It.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:45:15 AM by BDI »

Offline BDI

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 11:21:11 AM »
are you trying to get the carb closer to the engine,if so why the spacer?

The biggest reason I shortend up my intake was because when you stick a kx500 engine in a kx250 frame the carb and intake manifold are too long and It pushes the intake boot Into the shock spring and It rubs and It will put a hole In the boot eventually. My intake fixes this problem. I think the spacer you are talking about Is the reed plate. I did not like the plastic reed plate so I machined one out of billet aluminum that's why It does not say V-force on my intake but that's what the actual valve inside Is. the new intake I plan on building will be all one piece and the read block will screw to the inside.This should really make people scratch their heads because It will not look like it has a reed In It.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:06:54 PM by BDI »

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
BDI
i got your pm, no problem here. everybody has there ideas and thoughts. I think if everybody puts there heads together they will have a very fast running bike. To get those red bikes something to cry about.

stewart

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 01:04:30 PM »
thats what its all about...............................

Offline BDI

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 02:04:29 PM »
You guys know, I like hondas, But It makes me feel so good to blow the doors of some guy who thinks his cr500 is the fastest badest thing at the hill. You usually see these guys sitting there with their arms crossed with a real positive posture like they are some one of authority, their head bobbing up and down with every excited word, talking to their buddy about how no one has beat them all day, then I come rolling by on my kx250 (HE HE) and give him the nod towards the hill  then he gives me that look of disbelief  followed by the turn to say something slick to his buddy, usually followed by a shrug of the shoulders and confident kick of the engine. His buddy will usually have this sh*t eating grin like he knows something I don't. The best part is when we get back to the flats and he no longer has that positive posture and his buddy Isn't smiling anymore. It's so funny a lot of times they will just sit there and stare at the engine shaking their head and occasionally poking at It. Then there's the guy who just wants to keep going again and again. Don't get me wrong I know their's faster bikes out there than mine, I know a few of you have them. It's just that this is what makes my day a little brghter.