Author Topic: new kx500 V-force  (Read 11531 times)

Offline BDI

new kx500 V-force
« on: September 08, 2007, 02:00:15 PM »
I was working on a buddies ski today and discovered something new. This Is the vforce delta 2 reed for the kawasaki sxi 750 jet ski. It fits the kx500 cylinder fine as far as I can tell but It Is wider than the kx500 Vforce and has more pedals twelve instead of eight. I did not have a kx500 delta 2 handy but I do have a delt 2 reed plate for size comp It Is showed with the sxi delta 2 reed plate overlaid. The kx500 reed plate was used as a jig to make my aluminum intake and the hole was modified slightly that is why the hole is not square but the width Is untouched.  If anyone has a KX500 Delta 2 that they can post photos and measurments of for comparison, please do.   
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline FactoryPhil

Re: new kx500 V-force
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:14:39 PM »
Wow! Great observation. I wish I could help out but I have a Rad Valve. I will be watching this thread for sure.
It's not if you crash ...it's when
I'm on IRC efnet #mp3addics-chat Mechanos or MechServ

stewart

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 03:22:44 PM »
hey brian i just thought about it and i think my v force twos do have twelve  pedals  i wonder if they made 250 or 125 reed sets that  had the same bolt patren as 500 but less pedals  iam glad you shared this for us all to look at good thinking

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 03:29:36 PM »
the jetski and kx500 are the same. i raced kawasaki 750 and 800 jetski intill 2005. You mite have a 250 cage. I have the v-force 3 in my motor now. more volicity then the 2's.

Offline BDI

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 08:04:25 PM »
Hero to zero just like that.I feal like a jack ass, I probably have the wrong reed In my bike. :x

Offline BDI

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 08:05:34 AM »
I have the v-force 3 in my motor now. more volicity then the 2's.

what v-force 3 valve are you using do you have the part number or bike that It normaly goes In.

stewart

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 09:56:02 AM »
you are not a zero  it is wise to share ideas and get input from others  i find that my piont off view is not always right and i am glad to learn

Offline BDI

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »
Thanks Stewart I'm just frustrated.You know I just threw the box out not to long ago I know It said kx500 on the little label that was stuck on the box. I would love to send this reed to you to see what the difference Is on the dyno because my bike rips. Now I'm going to have to build a whole new Intake but looking at the other reed has me inspired and now that I have my own tig welder Im looking forward to doing that. I'm picturing something made from aluminum sheet with a square runner that looks like a small slice off of a pro stock drag car manifold maybe I will put dividers inside of it so that each petal has It's own individual runner. :-D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:29:38 AM by BDI »

stewart

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
think of the incress you should see now with the other setof reeds

Offline kaw rider

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 01:29:57 PM »
the v-force 2 are too big for the carb size most people run. we ran 48mm carbs with that cage. we test with different size volume intake and you would be surpised and the findings. If you dyno the two cages and maybe see little to no power increase.

Ask Stewart three questions.

how much power did he see on the dyno from stock cages to v-force 2 cages.

And how much power did he see on the dyno with his piston window mod.

And what mod was faster when riding the bike.

Offline BigGreenMachine

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »
I have that cage in my 88 500. It came from an 85 Kawasaki KXT Tecate 250.

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 04:09:05 AM »
I have the v-force 3 in my motor now. more volicity then the 2's.

what v-force 3 valve are you using do you have the part number or bike that It normaly goes In.

I got Vf3 from KX250 before-05 and you have seen my K5 at youtube and it`s rips too. :wink:
Bigger isn?t always better,you guys have heard it before,yeah? :lol:
I will stuff the space around my Vf3 valve and get less crankcase volume and see what`s happen. :|
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

Offline kaw rider

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »
this is the set up that i have been running for sometime now. I have another set up that i will run next month. it better then this set up.

Offline BDI

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 06:28:45 PM »
my carb Is 42mm my custom made intake Is 42mm My intake Is the same size 42mm exactly all the way to the reed block the hole leading into the read block is perfectly matched at no time does my intake get any larger or smaller than the carb untill the air and fuel enter the reed cage.  I did this on purpose to keep the intake at maximam velocity until It got Inside the motor with no excuse to slow down before hand. My carb is half inch shorter than stock kx500 and my intake is half inch shorter than stock kx500 intake. My venturi Is a full inch closer to the engine than normal. I do not know if this rendered me any more horse power but the bike is very responsive with this design and never seems to run out of rpm on flat ground.the reed I have Is barely smaller it has eight large petals instead of twelve smaller ones my reed is only a couple of milleters narrower than the 500 reed.,
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:41:38 AM by BDI »

Offline kaw rider

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »
i would like to know how you machined out the Pwm to a 42mm. you are a first at that. common is 40.5-41mm. there another way you can get your carb closer by another 1/2-3/4". you are right the pwm is closer then the pwk.

and if you upgrade to the v-force 3 you can stuff the intake more. it's alot more narrower.