Author Topic: Finished mine at last (well untill i find someshing else to do to it)  (Read 4500 times)

Offline joebloggs

This thing has been ongoing for about 5 years now,move from England to Gibraltar part way through build didnt help,niether did lack of a garage/workshop at the new place,but ive kept going bit by bit,countless rethinks and re doing bits and finally i think its ready for the hot spanish cost roads were i now get to play,hope you all like it and i look forward to here your ideas of what to try with it next.
This has been a total frame up rebuild,every nut,bolt,washer,bearing and seal has been replaced in both the engine,frame and suspension.
The engine has been rebuilt with new piston and rings,new gearbox parts,everything.Top end had all the ports polished and matched up and slight tune more towards the mid range.
One off home made generator coil to run all the lighting,a fuse box,battery and regulator to take care off all the ancillary power and charging requirements all tooked away in the airbox including an ignition key for security.
The list of bits done just keeps growing and every time i look at it i remember something else ive done to it,but its got to the stage were the list of things to do is a lot shorter than the list of things done!
Just one picture for now then ill upload the rest to a gallery when i figure out how to use it.

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
nice !!!

its pretty unique like that ,are these cbr600 wheels ?
great to have another motard on here  8-)

have fun
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 12:27:22 AM by KX500freak »
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline joebloggs

As far as i remeber there Suzuki 3 spokes and all you have to do to make them fit was swap the bearings and make a couple of spacers for the rear,and ther very cheap with loads in the breakers

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
THAT IS AWESOME. I look forward to hearing more about that bike and how it does.  Very Nice Looking Bike!!!!

Offline kx5rider

Bike looks sick!!!! and the xgx grafix are evil just like the powerplant :evil:
The 3 spokes do definately give it a unique look, wonder if they are close to an sv wheel?
braaaaaaaaap

Offline joebloggs

Think they were originaly RGV250 Wheels Kx5rider but most of the smaller capacity suzuki wheels are pretty similar if not identical,it was such an easy swap to do and one of the first things i did because the wheels were just lying in the garage,with some cut slick tyres on.I only planned on using them to mock things up until i could get some decent rims and hubs laced up,but they grew on me and like i said the breakers in the uk are stuffed full of the things.So even if all the wheelies and abuse they get dings one,its so easy to get hold of another,blast and powder coat and away you go,all for about ?100.