Author Topic: Yeah baby!  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Arigato

Yeah baby!
« on: June 30, 2007, 02:37:35 AM »
After two seasons of dune riding, I wore out the cylinder on my K5.  After looking at around $500 for a new one, then factoring in the cost of port work, I was looking at another 3-5 hundred on top of that.  So I send my cylinder to millenium technologies for a replate.  Two weeks and $175 later, my cylinder showed up at my door yesterday.  I looks great!  With some more grinding in the ports, I'll be back in business. I can't wait! :mrgreen:

hangtime

Re: Yeah baby!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 03:25:40 AM »
Nice Arigato, are you fully recovered after your arm injury?

Offline Arigato

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 03:40:06 AM »
Yup, healed all up....Now my riding partner Sly is broke off....It sucks getting old!

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »
Playing phone tag like teenage girls...  So you doing a re-port on that jug? 

My back is a bit better,  not as bad as I thought it was going to be...  St. Anthony again this August?  Man, I don't think I am going to be strong enough to ride as fast as we should up there!  :cry:  Going to have to play it by ear.  How many are going and what rig?

I was hoping to get back to work this Wednesday, July 4th... going to be non stop, not sure If I am physically able to...   :x

Sly

Offline BigGreenMachine

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 03:16:07 AM »
I've heard that you must do your port work before you plate it because it will make the Nik chip around the ports.

Offline Arigato

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:28:52 AM »
I've heard that you must do your port work before you plate it because it will make the Nik chip around the ports.

Yes, I'm getting a bit more porrting done.  As long as the person doing the porting is careful and experienced, you can do the porting after the plating. 

Aug. 9-12 St. Anthony, Idaho. 

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 03:42:53 AM »
st. anthony? awesome, i love riding there. there are some killer hills to ride :wink:. i'll be there with a friend july 23-24th. that's his ktm 550 in the background of my picture. one bad machine. hope you guys have fun. MADDOGGY
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 03:45:07 AM by maddoggy »