Author Topic: Flywheel  (Read 4944 times)

Rick

Flywheel
« on: February 06, 2003, 09:58:10 AM »
Just wondering what flywheel everyone is running (if you are running something other than stock).  I am setting up a 1998 KX500 for an older (than me, ha) trail rider, and I am looking to make it easier to start and ride on the trail.  I really do not want to install just a weight, and would rather just replace the entire flywheel, but not sure how many ounces gives the needed advantage.  Money is really not a problem, so if I have to pay a few hundred for an entire flywheel, it's OK.

Thanks

rick

Hogwylde

Flywheel
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 10:10:39 AM »
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of any flywheel's being available other than stock.  Also, as far as flywheel weights....there isn't much choice other than the 14 oz one that STEALY makes.

If someone knows someplace that makes flywheels or weights other than Stealy (custom one off's not included), please feel free to correct my errors. :wink:

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Flywheel
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 11:16:51 AM »
Thats pretty much it, unless you send the flywheel to Steahly with your specs, then they will add / subtract that much weight. I would imagine that the flywheel weight is less expensive and just as good. UNLESS... your sponsor is Boysen and they require you to run that flywheel cover that WON'T fit with the Steahly  :wink:

Hogwylde

Flywheel
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 04:49:27 AM »
Quote from: KX500
UNLESS... your sponsor is Boysen and they require you to run that flywheel cover that WON'T fit with the Steahly  :wink:

HMMM.....that's an interesting tip I didn't know about.  I've seen some on E-bay that I've considered.  Now that I know it won't fit over my Stealy, I won't think about it anymore.