Author Topic: Lectron Carb. Questions  (Read 4654 times)

Offline Arigato

Lectron Carb. Questions
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:53:02 AM »
What size are you guys who have them running?  How much HP did you gain?  How much bottom end did you lose?  Hard/easy to dial in?

Thanks!

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
Re: Lectron Carb. Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:13:57 AM »
most guys are running 44mm

Offline monster malibu

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 09:29:04 AM »
Where can you buy a 44mm lectron?

Offline don46

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 05:13:53 AM »
The link below describes the tuning of a Lectron carb, It's quite easy, not as easy as a PSI Big Air, but close. I don't remember losing any bottom end, so it must not have been significant. Stewart is probably the only person with Dyno results and those are more than likely a combination  of several mods. Seat of the pants feel, there seems to be a big gain on top end. I've had a 44mm for about 6 years, each year I'd get it out, try it again, and decide my KX 250 40.5 mm carb worked better, back on the shelf it would go till the next year and the process started over.  This trial and error was on mostly stock motors, Once I tried it on a ported motor I was sold, I think that I was over carbing before, couldn't get enough volume through with stock porting. Anyway, it works well and seat of the pants you can tell a difference, I use a 44mm with a XL4-2 needle.

http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/carb/lectron/lectron_tuning.htm
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

stewart

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 07:13:32 AM »
that is a good chart ..the new carbs use longer needles  2.050  there the xl series ,,,ps..why do all the pro stock nhra bikes use lectrons if there is something faster

Offline don46

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:35:35 AM »
Reasonably speaking, I would think Fuel injection would be the best. Lectron's have been around for a long time, Are they the best, who knows. The new PSI carbs look promising, a few more adjustments than the lectron and all external, easier needle adjustment. And as an added bonus they are bored like a triangle small at the bootom and large at the top, supposed to respond like a stock carb at low end and like a big carb on the top end. In my sport there are alot of guys using the lectron, they work.

By the way I didn't know the XL series had a standard length of 2.050, thanks for the update.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

stewart

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 10:00:21 AM »
i like the lectron alot from the theory and prefomance standpiont they really run good when right  and i would want the new style long needle xl series  with power jet and clear bowel from packerd

Offline Arigato

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 03:38:28 PM »
Thanks for the input.  What's the scoop on the PSI carb?  I can probably get a good deal on one.

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »
Thanks for the input.  What's the scoop on the PSI carb?  I can probably get a good deal on one.

Here is a pic anyway. :wink:
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!