Author Topic: Suspension Revalve  (Read 2481 times)

Sharc

Suspension Revalve
« on: August 04, 2003, 05:16:04 AM »
:D
Just got my 2002 K5 revalved by ACME racing in Hesperia, CA (760)-949-6794. UNREAL...! Best ride I've ever felt. Amazing. Stayed with stock 5.6 spring in the rear, 0.43 fork springs. Perfect for 5'10" 215 pound. Woods or desert - it feels great in both.
Put on the Moose spacer too - best $20 you can spend on performance. Noticable diffence on bottom end, same screaming high end. Sweet...

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Suspension Revalve
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 08:18:54 AM »
I had my '01 revalved by Randy @ Motoworks (local Arizona company) a while back. I use soft valving for the desert, a .46 fork spring and i dropped to the 5.4 shock spring.

Perfect for me :lol:

Nothing like suspension work to make you ride harder, faster, and safer. Congrats!

Biggreenmonster

Suspension Revalve
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 08:47:31 AM »
If you guy's can tell me what does it cost to have a revalve done. I am 5'9'' and weight 200#.Mine is ok,but i wont do any large triples and such.Also mine is a 93' with blue forks.I wish they made better fork gaurds for them.sounds like you guy's have it dialed in....nuthin like catching some air,just flick the wrist and you become a rocket.

Rick

Suspension Revalve
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 10:50:57 AM »
Give Daryl at Acme a call at 1-760-949-6794 and he can help you with the price.  I would expect that you will some hard part (bushing and such) that will need to be replaced given the age of your machine.  Also, you will need to purchase a hard sided rifle case to hold your KX legs steady during transport.  Hit WalMart for the cheapest price.

As many folks on this site are already aware, Daryl has done my work for years, and as you read in the first post on this thread, there is no equal on the KX suspension.  That's why the fast guys use him...

Rick

Hogwylde

Suspension Revalve
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 12:12:34 PM »
Quote from: Biggreenmonster
..... mine is a 93' with blue forks.I wish they made better fork gaurds for them.

They do!!  Just buy some late model KX fork guards.  I'm running them on my 93 and they work just fine.  The two front bolts line up perfectly, and the upper guides fit fine too.  You just have that third bolt hole around on the side of the guard that doesn't do anything.  Big deal!  The new style wrap around provides lots more protection!