Author Topic: 500 Tecate Swap  (Read 8691 times)

Offline CR480R

Re: 500 Tecate Swap
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 09:16:17 PM »
I like the long silencer too... I would just shorten up the stinger a bit...

Offline BigGreenMachine

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 03:42:28 PM »
Only shortened it a bit CR. lol

Its done! The fab work is done so now I ride it until the bugs are worked out and then its time for paint.

wild wild wild

Offline BDI

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 07:41:11 AM »
Very cool! I think Its funny how many things kawasaki should have built but chose not to. I wonder If they have a development team that builds crazy stuff like chevy does? If they Don't they should. You can tell you just built It because It's not garage trained yet I would rub Its front fender In that coolant and throw It out side to think about It for a while Kawasakis usually learn fast but they are not very good with children and are more of a mans bread.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 10:25:55 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline BigGreenMachine

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 08:04:58 AM »
Kawi would have sold a lot of these if they used the newer Tecate chassis. H**** had prototype CR480 and CR500 powered trikes built that Dean Sundal (publisher of 3Wheelin Magazine) test rode right around the time the ban on production and sale of 3wheelers went into effect.

Yeah, it made quite the mess. Come to discover no waterpump gasket. I put one on, gave her a smack with a wound up shop rag and let her sit in it for a while.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm a big fan of your KX conversion, looks just wild!