Author Topic: Eric Gorr big bores!  (Read 17117 times)

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Re: Eric Gorr big bores!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 05:13:12 PM »
Air, you resurrected this thread exactly two years after the final post :D

air

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »
lol  :-o

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 01:53:19 AM »
While I understand somebody screwing up, there is just not enough information in the post to know what actually happened to his bike. So, not to be an ass to the kid, but he is only like 12. I don't feel that confidant about his knowing about 4 bangers. THey suck anyways (4 strokes). Maybe I missed something?

air

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 02:48:01 AM »
I was kinda following that subject for a while, He sent his motor to gorr to get it ported and bored, eric forgot to bore out the head or get a new head whatever you do to compensate for the bigger piston so when he started it up it broke the crank shatterd the piston and cracked the head.

When I say head Im reffering to the combustion chamber.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 03:19:18 AM »
I am seriously in doubt of that, because of all the big bores I've had done, I've just swapped the cylinders and used the stock heads.. With the exception of my personal MXers, just because I have the head modified for race fuel or something like that. He could be right, I've known Mr. Gorr to do things wrong from time to time, but he has always been good about fixing it.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 04:10:30 AM »
About the time I think I have read most of the old posts up comes another one. As far as Eric goes this is the first bad info I have heard. The old posts I just read were kind of nasty. I understand engin problems. Before accusing a person of fraud and hoping they spend time with Bubba, you better be able to prove the fraud they allegedly comitted. There are slander laws and this is a public forum. There are many variables on each end, did Eric torque everything correct, was the squish correct? On the other hand did kxtaz over rev the engin, did he put oil in the gear box? The rust on the gears is a big question for me. How did it get there and why was it still there after he ran the motor with oil in it. Also like Eric said why did you wait so long to bring this to my attention? I will take this whole thred with a grain of salt. Like my Mom said "If you don't have anything good to say it's best to  say nothing at all". Another thing, the lack of marks on the torx bolts. Did Yamaha put them in with no marks? I quess he was looking for marks from them being removed, should be marks from install from Yamaha wouldn't you think?

#1: Lets stick to the facts and not do character assassination.
#2: Opinions are like aaa....errr....  motorcycles, everyone should have one and some are better than others.

I would like to know the out come of the gripe session/law suit.
Danger
KX 500 Rider

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 04:43:56 AM »
Danger, KXTaz owned his own engine performance shop. I don't know why in hell he would have used Eric Gorr if he did his own work.....? Sounds like a way to burn others business just to make your business look better? Maybe to make himself feel better about his own crap work? Hard questions to answere as this thread is 3 years old. But I was around when this was going on and it burned me to no end to read the crap they posted here.

Also, of all the work I've had done by Mr. Gorr, I've never had any complaints that I can't settle on the phone with him.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 06:32:49 AM »
Sounds like the knock'em down to make himself look bigger. That never works.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 09:43:08 AM »
No matter what the issue is, there will always be one disgruntled individual who bashes on another for bad service or work. I work in off road powersports retail, and I can tell all of you with 100% honesty that 90% of engine failures are due to operator stupidity and ignorance. The other 10% are covered by honest factory warranties. :)

I personally could care less about one pi$$ed off chooch bashing E.G. I am STILL absolutely going to have him do up my porting.
                            Rich
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline redlined_KX500

• redlined_K5
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 09:08:01 AM »

I was suprised to read about the Eric Gorr motor debacle. 

I just took delivery of my K5, I want more everywhere ported cylinder, modified head, piston and totally squared away KIPS assembly for a mere $200 plus shipping from EG.

Turnaround time was less than 2 weeks.  Totally satisfied.

I agree with Gowen. 

4 strokes always have and always will suck.  1 trip through the gears on a tuned K5 always shuts them up.
Don't be scared

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 01:54:53 AM »

I was suprised to read about the Eric Gorr motor debacle. 

I just took delivery of my K5, I want more everywhere ported cylinder, modified head, piston and totally squared away KIPS assembly for a mere $200 plus shipping from EG.

Turnaround time was less than 2 weeks.  Totally satisfied.

I agree with Gowen. 

4 strokes always have and always will suck.  1 trip through the gears on a tuned K5 always shuts them up.

This is a years old thread, but it was nothing more than a shadetree mechanic talking trash.

Shame Eric Gorr doesn't do KX500's anymore.. :(