Author Topic: Cant get free play in my clutch  (Read 1870 times)

Offline c-152

Cant get free play in my clutch
« on: May 19, 2007, 12:49:46 AM »
I replaced my clutch cable this a little while ago and cant get enough free play.  I did a search and found some info but still am not sure.  Could worn bearings or clutch arm?  Anyone have any ideas.
?There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.?
? Ernest Hemingway

"I want to leave this world the same way I came into it: Screaming and covered in blood."

jigggawatt

Re: Cant get free play in my clutch
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:36:53 AM »
Is the clutch worn, if so it will take away free play. I had a new clutch and cable and had the same problem. I took everything apart to make sure it was ok . Everything I measured was correct. So I pulled the clutch push rod out and took a few thousands off the rod . It work well and everything works perfect. One of the dirt bike mags had a article the next week telling someone to do the same thing. It made me feel better. Make sure your clutch is in good shape first.

Offline c-152

Re: Cant get free play in my clutch
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 01:56:22 PM »
I will do that - thanks for the advice - I had thought the clutch was in good shape but after riding this weekend I noticed is slipping.  It ran great in the tight stuff and did notice any slippage until the trail opened up and we got on it.  I will check it out.  Thanks - I will look into the push rod.
?There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.?
? Ernest Hemingway

"I want to leave this world the same way I came into it: Screaming and covered in blood."