Author Topic: Carb - what years are interchangable  (Read 2290 times)

Offline quincyman

Carb - what years are interchangable
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:02:29 PM »
I have a 1994 KX500. The carb is getting a bit worn and I have found a 2000 model carb. Will it fit? I was under the impression that little changed on these bike and am hoping that the 2000 carb will just bolt in. I am aware that the carb part number changed in 1996 forward but how did it change? internal or external?

So what say the experts.

Offline KXcam22

Re: Carb - what years are interchangable
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »
qman,
  The carb is identical.  The only difference is slightly different jetting as kawasaki slowly changed the jetting in later years. 1990 and earlier used a different model of carb (someone correct me if I'm wrong) not sure about 1991. Cam.

Offline quincyman

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:58:56 PM »
qman,
  The carb is identical.  The only difference is slightly different jetting as kawasaki slowly changed the jetting in later years. 1990 and earlier used a different model of carb (someone correct me if I'm wrong) not sure about 1991. Cam.

Thats what I was hoping. Thanks, now I can bid on it. Maybe I can get it for the price of a new slide since that is what is worn out in mine.

Offline demographic

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 06:45:08 AM »
qman,

Both of my 90s have PWK 39s which as far as I know is the same as later models, dunno about older ones than mine though.