Author Topic: crank stuffer  (Read 27716 times)

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
Re: crank stuffer
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 10:49:29 PM »
Just to let you know the cylinder I'm welding on is junk I try out my ideas on it and there is no stress. I have a good grasp on two stroke design but applying my ideas can bee tricky so I do it to that cylinder for the practic of doing it. what I have done could easily bee done and probably done better with some sort of epoxy like JB Weld or my favorite marine tex. If you did this and you are using a V-force you will have to clearance for the petal screws but thats it. I don't think you can go wrong with this. You can over stuff a motor but you would have to work real hard to achieve it.
Vforce 3 doesn?t have any pedalscrews.... :wink:
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 10:54:15 PM »
yes you did find it. yes there is a fix. weld up both port around 1.5mm narrower. i do that done when have many other things welded on the cylinder at the same time.  i done it on my current cylinder.

Less portarea or less shortcircuing,kolera or pest? :|

I would use JB-weld and try that before welding..... :wink:
(easy to remove)
Here is a portmap,draw/paint how do you mean kawrider. :|
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:39:38 PM by doordie »

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 11:27:38 PM »
If your piston skirt does not cover the exhaust port at tdc then someone has lowered the floor of your exhaust port to meet the top of the piston at bdc.  This would normally be a performance mod on a two stroke motor.  On the KX500 the piston skirt is not long enough to cover the port at tdc. This is bad.  It's going to allow the return wave from the pipe to shove exhaust underneath the piston and foul the intake charge with exhaust gasses.  I have thought about contacting Wiseco about having pistons made with a longer skirt but it would be more work than it would be worth unless I was going to have a bunch of pistons made.   
IF you raise barell and shave of top of barell,you have a win/win situation.
No more uncovered exhaust at TDC and raised portduration for more power/RPM at the same time..... :wink:
(You can also deepgrove cylinderhead and not shave barell at top)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:35:15 PM by doordie »

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2007, 11:44:15 PM »
This is a easy mod to raise ccr... :-D

Offline BDI

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 05:14:13 AM »
This is a easy mod to raise ccr... :-D

Hey doordie those are ceramic main bearings aren't they? very nice  8-)
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline BDI

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 05:20:41 AM »
If your piston skirt does not cover the exhaust port at tdc then someone has lowered the floor of your exhaust port to meet the top of the piston at bdc.  This would normally be a performance mod on a two stroke motor.  On the KX500 the piston skirt is not long enough to cover the port at tdc. This is bad.  It's going to allow the return wave from the pipe to shove exhaust underneath the piston and foul the intake charge with exhaust gasses.  I have thought about contacting Wiseco about having pistons made with a longer skirt but it would be more work than it would be worth unless I was going to have a bunch of pistons made.   
IF you raise barell and shave of top of barell,you have a win/win situation.
No more uncovered exhaust at TDC and raised portduration for more power/RPM at the same time..... :wink:
(You can also deepgrove cylinderhead and not shave barell at top)

I think a good number to raise the cylinder by is .040 you could accomplish the same thing by stroking the crank to 88mm that way the piston goes down 1mm further. I'm alll about stroking it  :-D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:44:57 AM by BDI »

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 03:37:41 PM »
stewart, have you dyno'd an engine with a reed spacer installed? i'm just wondering if the spacer does indeed lower your horsepower a little just opposite of the crank stuffer. i would think it would but just looking for your dyno say so.  MADDOGGY

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 03:51:19 PM »
i was thinking about your reed area mod bdi. you could place some soft (modeling)oil clay in the side area and then push in a v-force, take it back out and shave for clearence. VOILA, maximum intake crank stuffage. take measurements and install marine epoxy to same measurments. what do you think?  MADDOGGY

oh by the way, that is one sweet picture!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:58:11 PM by maddoggy »

stewart

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
i do not think kawisaki missed this fact that the last exh booster port to open,, the two outside ones had the highest duration for top end and it bieng directly above the intake transfer port with some short circuting happing at high rpm my help draw the charge in to cylinder case......ps reed spacers  make less power but that can make the bike hook up better and thus seem faster or more ridable so theres a place for every mod..
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 06:12:04 PM by stewart »

Offline BDI

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »
i was thinking about your reed area mod bdi. you could place some soft (modeling)oil clay in the side area and then push in a v-force, take it back out and shave for clearence. VOILA, maximum intake crank stuffage. take measurements and install marine epoxy to same measurments. what do you think?  MADDOGGY

oh by the way, that is one sweet picture!
I have thought of doing something very similar. I was thinking of making a mold and casting some stuffers out of liquid rubber. I think it would work good because the reed would hold them in place and you could take it out if you didnt like what it did. It would be the antispacer. :evil:

Thanks on the picture that is a actual picture taken on my work bench holding a torch in one hand and the digital in the other. That skull and cross bones Is a BDI original I got the copy right from the us copy right office not to long ago. I have stickers cut out of vinyl allready and I plan to have some beanies made up among other things.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 04:32:54 PM by BDI »

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 04:29:17 PM »
removable stuffer------ i like that idea alot, that's good stuff bdi. :evil: MADDOGGY

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 04:40:18 PM »
stewart
you are correct. my dyno test showed a improvement on bottum end when ports were narrowed. but i'm running a different exhaust port set up. it did make a small hp differnet up top too. 1.5hp, to small for the cost to proform mod. i think 80hp at the rear wheel will be seen this year.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:17:07 PM by kaw rider »

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2007, 05:25:43 PM »
that cylinder has .020 cut off the base. it had that done to it along with alot of kips mods. i did that this summer. and know i have another cylinder with a different exhaust ports set up. i think by mid summer i will have the cylinder were i want it. this cylinder kips have more travel then the stock kips do. toke some time but worth it.

Offline BDI

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
Why did you take .020 off the base?

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 06:42:52 AM »
it looks like BDI likes to play with fire. nice pic. is this off topic?
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/