Author Topic: black plastics  (Read 9413 times)

Offline Good

• Yo.
Re: black plastics
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 02:42:04 AM »
here it is,some black plastic, think its gouing to look top$ 8-)

http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=701&makeid=30&modelid=315
That's earlier in the post.  They don't have radiator shrouds for anything above an '87.   :-(

RA

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 02:53:07 AM »
sorry, miss the link

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 05:15:52 AM »
www.motorcycle-superstore.com , i just called them about the ufo shrouds. they say they the black ones are back ordered until may 27th. the price now is $46.99. I'll be ordring some closer to the in stock date. hope the info helps you guys. customer service said that ufo is back ordered on the black shrouds for everyplace period.  they will go like hotcakes when they come in.  MADDOGGY

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 08:55:03 AM »
That's great news.  I was worried they'd been discontinued!  I'll collect the other pieces in the meantime.  I don't like my white setup.

Offline Tumbleweed

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 05:36:06 PM »
I haven't found a "kit" for the kx 500 but will use a monster energy sticker pack like the one industries version. I would prefer the kit that covers the whole shroud but don't know if I can find one. I made a example of how i want to lay it out. this picture is a photoshop.

I'm going with the much overused and hated moster energy graphics  :mrgreen:

Never seen those yet, what are they like?

Scott.

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 06:29:37 PM »
just an update on the black ufo shrouds guys. now their backordered till 6-12-07. bummer, i know alot of you are looking for these as am i. MADDOGGY

Offline raredesign

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 07:03:04 AM »
tumbleweed-

are you satisfied with the plastics? The maier green look darker than usual. That is one of the main reasons I don't want to go with the green...everything appears to be a different shade. I figured a base of black and then use a custom decal with the color green I want. I am going to get one of those Xtreme-graphics decals, but custom.

Offline Tumbleweed

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 07:40:13 PM »
tumbleweed-

are you satisfied with the plastics? The maier green look darker than usual. That is one of the main reasons I don't want to go with the green...everything appears to be a different shade. I figured a base of black and then use a custom decal with the color green I want. I am going to get one of those Xtreme-graphics decals, but custom.

I'm very happy with the ufo plastic, I got black shrouds and everything else kx green. the green looks identical to stock and the black is glossy.

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 08:15:52 PM »
Well, if you're going to brag!!!  POST A PIC!!!  :-D  thanx,

Tim.  :wink: