Author Topic: best place to send cylinder in for replating ?  (Read 2255 times)

500bigbore2k7

best place to send cylinder in for replating ?
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:13:39 PM »
Can anyone tell me the best place to send my cylinder in for replating and a quick turnaround time??   thanks

stewart

Re: best place to send cylinder in for replating ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 12:19:21 AM »
 i like max power they arent cheep  but do a good job

jigggawatt

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 01:08:26 AM »
I just used Millennium Technologies. They did a good job at a fair price . they also had a great turn around. I've also used max power in the past with good results. Call before you send offf the cylinder and they will give you a turn around time. Millennium Technologies took two weeks including shipping time and the cost was 175.00.

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:30:44 AM »
 I used a local bike builder and fabricator, Thomas Racing Service. It took three weeks, which seemed like forever, but the guy is very good with bikes. I had some bad damage to my ports, but got it all back together for 300 and some change. That doesn't touch Jiggawatt's prices @ Millenium, but I'm guessing repairing ports is a technical process. Thomas Racing Service fabricates entire motorcycles customized to your spec.s, so I was confident in his opinions and experience. Jeff Thomas is a proffesional Hillclimber plus builds bikes for his competitors. Check -out his web-site. (Thomas Racing Service ...something, something, something)
 As far as turn-around, I think its 3-4 weeks. I think the season is kicking off everywhere, but I'm not sure, if turn arounds are getting better or worse. Seems like the racing community has to be done plating cylinders.  Peace-out!