Author Topic: MSR AOF Clutch perch & lever  (Read 3251 times)

Offline ebers17

• RaceShotz Photography and WNY Harescramble Forum
MSR AOF Clutch perch & lever
« on: April 12, 2007, 03:09:43 PM »
I just installed the MSR AOF clutch perch and lever on my 500, and I cannot believe the difference in the pull.  It's silky smooth pulling now and a whole lot easier.  It's effortless and easy to install, it's a really nice unit.  If your in the need of a lever assembly, you won't be dissapointed.
MSR, Steel MX Optics, FCR Suspension, MotoOption, Budget Racing, Bulmans Cycle Center, RaceShotz.net

Offline mg82

Re: MSR AOF Clutch perch & lever
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:07:34 PM »
where did you pick that up from?

Offline ebers17

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 02:47:32 AM »
I picked up through MSR, but Rocky Mountain has it, here is the link:
http://www.rockymountainmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&priceRange=allPrices&webTypeId=189&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&vehicleType=&pageLinkUri=&brandId=180&prodFamilyId=11631
It's universal, so you don't need to worry about make/model and stuff either.
MSR, Steel MX Optics, FCR Suspension, MotoOption, Budget Racing, Bulmans Cycle Center, RaceShotz.net

Offline mg82

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:29:06 PM »
is there a second hole machined in the lever for an "E-Z" pull setting?

Offline ebers17

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »
No, no easy pull system.  I was going to the the MSR easy pull set up lever, but I opted for this and I have no regrets, its actually easier pulling my clutch in now than it is on my little brothers 85.  I'm suspecting that it has something to do with the cr style lever that makes it alot easier to pull too, but whatever it is I love it!

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 05:57:37 AM »
Just some info,  I run the ASV C5 Pro clutch setup on all my bikes,  it is the bomb.  Regularly $120 but I get them direct from ASV off of their eBay store for around $40 shipped fast.  These are seconds but are 100% like new.  Everyone I have ever bought,  whether anodized or not,  have been just like new... for real.  This setup has the quick adjust clutch cable system,  break resistant folding lever,  adjustable lever distance from the grip,  and is fully rebuildable.  Generally the ones for sale are 1 to 2 year older models and are medium to long levers,  not always the new shorty levers.  But for clutch,  I like the longer levers.

Here is the ASV eBay store   http://stores.ebay.com/ASV-Inventions

Just my 2 cents, but if you keep an eye out at their store you can get a steal on the clutch and brake levers.

Sly

Offline MadKaw

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
thanks for the tip Sly, that hits the spot...
Deviate from the Norm!
Father!...The sleeper has Awaken!!!

2001 Harley Sportster xlh1200
'73 Suzuki GT550
'75 Suzuki GT550
'74 Kawasaki Z1 900
'79 Yamaha GT80
'93 KX500*******
'84 Yamaha Riva 180z scooter
08 Q-link Pegasus scooter first new rid

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 01:05:02 PM »
I figured putting some pics on of my latest set of ASV levers would get some mouths drooling...   :evil: 

These are factory refubished levers from ASV direct (eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/ASV-Inventions) and are just like new, which I won for $85 shipped to my door for the whole set. I have never received any that had a blemish in fit or finish. The silver is a thicker blade on my KX5 and the red anodized one is a thinner style for my CR500 show bike for a cleaner/classic look. Make sure to clarify what the brake and clutch lever thickness is if you want them to match. The silver lever had the ASV logo in black but I polished it off.

Sly

http://www.kxriders.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=86&pos=2