Author Topic: kx 100 oil help  (Read 3514 times)

kawirider

kx 100 oil help
« on: February 20, 2007, 02:09:04 AM »
Hello all....my 01 kx 100 looks like it has a bit of a problem. I did an oil change yesterday and i looked through the sight glass after i started the bike and the oil looked white. I drained the oil out once again and the oil didnt look that bad of a color it just looked like there was a million tiny bubbles in it. The oil i use is Kawasaki 4 cycle sae 10w40. Does anybody know what this can be...Im hoping it is just because of the freezing weather here on long island?? Can it possibly just be fog on the sight glass?? Any help would be great...Thanks

Offline KXcam22

Re: kx 100 oil help
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:48:24 AM »
Kawirider,
  What you are seeing is water/moisture in the oil.  There are 2 sources, condensation (possibly because it is winter) or water leaking from the water pump seal.  The best way to tell is to change the oil (use cheap stuff) then ride it and monitor the sight glass.  It the milky look comes back right away then it most likely is the water pump seal.  Sometimes a blocked transmission breather hose can cause the buildup of condensation.  Hope this helps. Cam.

kawirider

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:00:41 AM »
I kinda figured it would be the water pump seal happened once on my old kx60....where can i buy this part??? Ebay doesnt have it...bikebandit.com does but i cant find water pump seal....it only says oil seal...thanks

steve1965

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:37:55 PM »
here is a link for Bob Tracys world of cycles they have very competative prices I have bought parts from them for my K5 good luck.

http://www.worldofcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp