Author Topic: Recalls or as Kawasaki Likes to call it  (Read 8441 times)

NastyNick

Recalls or as Kawasaki Likes to call it
« on: February 10, 2004, 09:19:54 AM »
Customer Satisfaction Program (or something like that).  I have confirmation on 3 of them if you own a Kx250F or RMZ250.

1.) Airbox Seal.
2.) Hot-Start System
3.) CDI (or igniter) box.

Depending on the VIN number of your bike, you will need to get these issues fixed.  Take the VIN down to your dealer and have them look it up.  Some of the later ones that came off the line with the fixes.

No sure what to do with if you own a RMZ.  Call the Susucki dealer and ask them about the same issues.

teamgreen500

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 03:32:26 PM »
I think the reason they call it a "Customer Program" is because they don't want to imlpy "Warranty" on a competition vehicle that is sold "As Is".

Manny

Rick

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 02:30:23 AM »
Yup, guaranteed for 5 minutes or 5 feet...uh....errr...unless you start it, then no warranty.  They did the same thing with the 1999 KX250 when they found that the exhaust ramp was hitting the piston.  Provided a replacement exhaust ramp assembly for the owner to install.  I had already modified mine with a grinder, so still have the replacement in the tool box.

Glad to see Kawasaki is working out all the bugs before I have to decide what the boy will ride next year.

Rick

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Re: Recalls or as Kawasaki Likes to call it
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 02:39:40 PM »
I don't have a problem with the no warranty on my '04 KX500 as long as it's put together correctly.  And mine was NOT!!  My kick starter ratchet gear spring was installed wrong.  And the kick start stop was missing.  I have been finding chunks of it with every oil change since I made my oil drain plug magnetic.  Last oil change the drain bolt did not fall in to the oil pan because the chunk of metal was bridging the drain hole and the magnet was stuck to it.  I know this will make my engine fail sooner.  Not much I can do but hope or tear the whole thing apart.
Danger
KX 500 Rider

Offline kx666

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 02:31:23 AM »
suzuki is the worst at this...kawi sometimes does the same thang

they put out service bulitins that do not do anything , (such as retorquing the screws on the petcock that were correct on almost every bike ). they do these to increase parts sales b/c the dealer has to pay for the part and then try to get a credit from the manufacturer.

it is amazing how many people think they have a warrenty on a race bike, blow it up from somthing stupid like not putting oil in the fuel (even though one of us spent over an hour with them going over the bike, making sure they bought all of the neccesary items...).  then get really mad when i offer to pay for the service if they pay the parts (most likly under $100) . sorry just needed to vent from a dealers stand point.

KDXGarage

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 01:33:12 AM »
KX666, do you know where I might be able to find some Team Green information for older bikes?  I found some on the Kawasaki Canadian site for fairly recent KX's, but that is about all.

Thanks!

Offline kx666

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 02:23:43 PM »
KDX,

i have never really taken the time to find Team Green specs. i worked w/ a guy who knew where to get them, but he was as dumb as a rock i didnt trust his notes. any kawasaki dealer that supports teem green can get them (or at least were able to)

if any one knows more i would love to see some teem green specs

Offline don46

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 05:20:54 AM »
KX666, do you know where I might be able to find some Team Green information for older bikes?  I found some on the Kawasaki Canadian site for fairly recent KX's, but that is about all.

Thanks!

I know its a bit late but here is a team green site.
http://www.teamgreennews.ca/en/techside_settings.html
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline FactoryPhil

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »
A recall is mandated by the NHTSA for things that could cause injury or death to the vehicle operator or passengers. Things that improve product longevity, ease of use, or modifications to fix known issues are classified as service bulletins or product update campaigns. Even a lot of dealership employees get this wrong. Why would you be upset because Kawasaki is making updates to improve your bike for free?
It's not if you crash ...it's when
I'm on IRC efnet #mp3addics-chat Mechanos or MechServ