Author Topic: 88 Kx500 clutch basket needle bearing  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Magnus

88 Kx500 clutch basket needle bearing
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:49:48 AM »
Hi everybody
I am going to change all bearings in my engine now, but the clutch basket bearing seems to be hard to find.
Does anyone know if the bearing from the newer ones will fit?

Kawasakis fiche says the clutch basket have been superceded to the same as the newer bikes, but the bearing and bushing does not have any info of being superceded.

Since the shaft is the same and the newer clutch basket should fit, maybe both bearing and bushing needs to be changed together and therefore they don't list the parts as a direct replacement?

Here is the bearing and bushing I am talking about:

Any thoughts?

Offline Polar-Bus

Re: 88 Kx500 clutch basket needle bearing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:06:17 PM »
Hi everybody
I am going to change all bearings in my engine now, but the clutch basket bearing seems to be hard to find.
Does anyone know if the bearing from the newer ones will fit?

Kawasakis fiche says the clutch basket have been superceded to the same as the newer bikes, but the bearing and bushing does not have any info of being superceded.

Since the shaft is the same and the newer clutch basket should fit, maybe both bearing and bushing needs to be changed together and therefore they don't list the parts as a direct replacement?

Here is the bearing and bushing I am talking about:

Any thoughts?

If there was a non fitment issue with the newer superceeded basket, Kawai would have approiately modified and superceeded the needle bearing as well. All's you need to do is purchase the current needle bearing and you will be good to go.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Magnus

Re: 88 Kx500 clutch basket needle bearing
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
Great!
Thought it would be strange if it would not fit, but my part supplier was unsure so just had to ask..
Thanks