Author Topic: Rev-pipe and clutch questions  (Read 1929 times)

kieran

Rev-pipe and clutch questions
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »
Helloo all :-o. My 1st post here.

I am building a KX500 engined roadracer, and I would like to know what rev-pipes are available, and what sort of performance they offer (Dynographs if possible)

I would also like to know more about putting strips of stainless steel on the clutch basket to stop the plates putting grooves on the fingers, how its done... and who does it Pics would be good.

I've got the chassis (Aprilia RS250), a Scitsu tacho (120GBP) and a daytona temp guage. Also got a FMF Gnarly Desert pipe, but I must say, it looks exactly the same as the Gnarly on my little brothers KX500. Even the markings are the same... But the docket said Desert, so...

Roost 'em good!! :mrgreen:

Cheers all
Kieran

Offline KXcam22

Re: Rev-pipe and clutch questions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 05:34:13 PM »
Sounds like a cool project.  For rev I think the dooma pipe (european) might a good bet.  Hopefully Arigato will pipe in, I think he has a top end down-pipe on his KX500 dragster.  Might be better than the MX style rev pipes and easier to mount on the aprillia chassis.  Cool. Keep the questions comming. Hope this helps. Cam.

stewart

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 01:35:50 AM »
 fmf make less hp than pro circut 2

Offline stroke.n.smoke

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »
I would talk to someone with a pipe program and measure up the porting.  Mabye even change it somewhat to suit a track.  You will need to build a new pipe to fit it in the chassis (right?)  Might as well start from scratch with a new pipe, talk to some of the dune guys, CPI builds some dune pipes for the 500???

Here is a set I built for my 350, too bad your not closer and could get some specs for your 500, I could build a pipe for you no problem.