Author Topic: Complete rebuild help?  (Read 1560 times)

proudndn21

Complete rebuild help?
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:05:12 AM »
OK I have a trip to little sahara in april and my bike still has the wet crank seal out. I need to fix this but it is going to cost around $1000.00 to have this done. I am thinking of doing this on my own to save money and would like to know where I can get a manual to do this of if there is a page so I have something to go buy step by step. I will have the machine work done but as far as assembly and rebuild I would like to do my self. Has anyone attempted this an know what kind of chore this is going to be. I also would like to know of what else I can do to get nore power out of the beast, may as well do it all now than have to do it again later. Thanks Josh.

Offline alan

• Administrator
Re: Complete rebuild help?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 08:46:42 AM »
I think if you do some searching on this site you will fid there is lot of info on rebuilding!

Alan :-)
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Re: Complete rebuild help?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »
It not that real hard, but you will need a special tool to get the cases apart with out damaging the surfaces, a press would be handy to pop out the main crank bearings and the crank pin if you are changing the con rod and bearing/thrust washers, Maybe the shop in your area could slipt the cases for you, getting the crank true after installing new rod/bearing can be tricking you'll need help with that.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com