Author Topic: why does my pro circuit shorty say factory sound???  (Read 6061 times)

kawirider

why does my pro circuit shorty say factory sound???
« on: February 02, 2007, 04:38:50 AM »
hello i just ordered a pro circuit r304 shorty for my 2001 kx 100...in the picture it says factory sound on the pipe...does this mean its not going to sound different?? Is it going to sound stock...please respond if u know...thanks

Offline alan

• Administrator
Re: why does my pro circuit shorty say factory sound???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 05:19:48 AM »
I would say it means that it is the same sound pressure level as the factor stock!
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline demographic

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 06:46:31 AM »
Dunno mate, the pro Circuit silencer I have on my 500 says the same thing on a chunky sticker.

Good thing it doesn't say anything about "closed circuit competition use only" otherwise I would never have got through an MOT test to be allowed on the road with it :wink:

kawirider

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 01:23:39 PM »
demographic,, the pro circuit pipe you got on your 500...did it make the bike sound higher pitch???thankss

kawirider

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 01:45:39 PM »
alan so are you saying the pipe was useless to buy??? i know that it helps power only a bit...i really got the pipe  because this cr85 at my trails had the same setup as me...Pro circuit platinum with the r304 shorty and it sounded really high pitched....it almost sounded like a piped banshee...i love that sound at thats what im looking forward to having...thanks

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 02:48:47 AM »
So did you buy the Shorty to change the sound or increase performance? Loud does no necessarily equate to increase in performance! lots of performance products come with typical dyno sheet on stock and typical results. So did you would be pick a pipe or muffler to match a performance curve that fits a riding style or event that you compete in?

When I go to the dunes in California I put on a quieter muffler on my KX500 to meet the lower noise requirements!  I don't like that the quieter muffler and I think it robs power, but I want to ride the dunes!
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 03:12:23 AM »
hello i just ordered a pro circuit r304 shorty for my 2001 kx 100...in the picture it says factory sound on the pipe...does this mean its not going to sound different?? Is it going to sound stock...please respond if u know...thanks

Don't sweat it.. That is normal. Factory does not mean stock, it means Factory Race, like "what the pro's use". That is normal for pro circut products. Like FMF, it stands for Flying Machine Factory. It's going to be loud.

As for performance, the shortys were designed to increase the low-end area. Since your 100 has little performance down low, you are going to gain some power there. Enjoy your pipe, and silencer.

But remember, most tracks and riding areas (about 95%) were closed down due to noise complaints. Though alot of it was because the new 4-strokes uncorked.

kawirider

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 04:29:47 AM »
okay thanks gowen :-D :-D

Offline demographic

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
demographic,, the pro circuit pipe you got on your 500...did it make the bike sound higher pitch???thankss

Sorry, I don't know how much different from stock it sounds as when I got my first bike it had a botched up effort of a silencer that looked like it was knocked up in some blokes shed.

It was a big heavy numb thing and got chucked in the bin shortly after buying the bike and the Pro Circuit one fitted before I took it for its MOT (in order to make it road legal) test.

My other 500 needs a bit of work done (I have to weld the rear subframe brackets back on) and while i am on with working on it I might as well go through the engine and replace all the bearings and seals so its only been started once when I bought it) without the silencer.

As has been mentioned, the shorty pipes usually increase bottom end power.

kawirider

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 11:20:04 AM »
well...i got my pipe it looks sweet....sounds good too...im really happy with it