Author Topic: Battle Wounds/Chew Marks and Scars  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Battle Wounds/Chew Marks and Scars
« on: December 28, 2006, 01:44:25 AM »
Ok here's my worst Owweee
They warned me I might have to have cadaver tendon when I hurt my knee and ruptured my patella tendon.  Lucky for me, no cadaver parts and I have good use of my leg with no limp.  Lost allot of muscle mass, still working on building the muscle.  It's hard for me to stand up on the pegs fast.  It was 2 years ago on Dec. 11th 2004.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Re: Battle Wounds/Chew Marks and Scars
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 02:00:58 AM »
Looky the tanlines on those pegs :D

Offline Arigato

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 03:04:19 AM »
Here's mine:  Complete pectoral tendon tear.  My arm got caught in another rider's rear wheel.  They had to use cadaver tendon to fix it.  No riding until spring.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 03:20:46 AM »
After 40 days of don't bend your knee, I grew scar tissue in the knee.  I did physical therapy from mid Jan. to March 20th '05. I could only bend my knee 35 deg., normal should be 135 deg.  On March 23rd they put me to sleep and physically bent my knee to 110 deg. Then I did 4 more months of physical therapy.  I could not drive the truck I owned because of the clutch and the small sports car I had  (automatic)  was hard for me to drive let alone getting in and out of it.  Once I got to where I could walk with one crutch I started riding my VTX street bike to therapy, that's how I got the tan lines.  I got some mean looks parking in the Handicap slots with a bike.  People would stop and watch to see if I really was Handicapped.  Once they saw me hang my Handicap card, having a hard time getting off the bike and  then using the crutch, they had a look of "Man he is messed up".  Lucky for me I was only temporarily Handicapped.  People don't realize how important Handicap parking is until you are the one using them.  It was my right leg so I could not use the gas pedal in my car.  My brother rigged this up so I could use the gas.  My hand operated gas stick with comfort grip.  And he made this knee board so I could do therapy at home in bed.  I owe my brother big time.  He took care of me and the dog for 5 months.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:06:50 PM by Danger4u2 »
KX 500 Rider

hangtime

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 03:56:45 AM »
Hold your stomach on this one. You can't really see it now, but I had a really wicked hangnail and I think it was on this finger. The doctor said I had overused it while exuming semi solid particulate matter from my nasal cavity. Luckily I had 10 more fingers to use. :evil:

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 04:08:42 AM »
Luckily I had 10 more fingers to use.
Dang!  11 fingers to start with???
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 04:18:07 AM »

I sort of started the garage on fire at about age 28 months.  Lucky to have survived intact.  Both legs scarred pretty badly.  Fortunately, the family jewels were untouched.  WHEW!
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

eprovenzano

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 08:02:15 AM »
hangtime, that was funny.   :-D