Author Topic: What carb do you have  (Read 2053 times)

emullen

What carb do you have
« on: December 07, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »
Just wondering what carb - make, size and model people have been using.  I know that this can become a big discussion as there are other mods that the carb is matched to but I am interested in your feed back.  Please let me know what other mods are done as well and what type of riding you do, I will be using it for woods so any suggestions are welcomed.

thanks in advace

Offline Polar-Bus

Re: What carb do you have
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 04:30:57 AM »
Just wondering what carb - make, size and model people have been using.  I know that this can become a big discussion as there are other mods that the carb is matched to but I am interested in your feed back.  Please let me know what other mods are done as well and what type of riding you do, I will be using it for woods so any suggestions are welcomed.

thanks in advace

I am curious why you feel the need to run a "different" carb. For 
 99.9% of the riders out there the stock Kehin PWK39 is an awesome carb, all's it needs is some re-jetting. I do a lot of woods and play riding. I basically have a bone stock engine, with the optional  thinner .2 mm head gasket. I have the Moose torque spacer, which smooths out the nasty violent torque hit down low. I have a Steahly 14 oz. flywheel weight (the 2nd best money spent on a woods bike). Finally I have a Scotts steering stabilizer (the BEST money you can spend on a 500 that goes over 50 mph). I also have an FMF Gnaraly pipe. I also am running slightly lower 14/49 gearing. My bike is an awesome well mannered bike in the woods, and can also be a beast on the MX track, AND I can still putt around with my 10 year old son without any problems..
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

222KX500

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 08:35:47 AM »
I RUN A 44MM FAST BY GAST LECTRON BUT OF COURSE IM DIRT DRAG RACING.

Offline kx666

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 05:54:31 PM »
the stock carb is an awsome carb. if you mods take you to were you just cannt get enough fuel bore out the carb i am at 40 mm (i was too afraid to go any ferther on my 1st one) and i will probablly end up at 42-44 mm. just remember it is easyer to remove some more than to try to go back. if you doo a good build on a k5 40-42mm is a good size.

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 10:48:09 AM »
The keihin pwk39 on the KX5 is a great carb.  Mine is ported to 41mm with some other trick work that is kinda top secret to the motor builder.  Kinda like if I tell you I have to kill you type stuff... lol.  Anyway, my bike idles like a kitten still and you can see past the slide on both sides.

Sly