Author Topic: Quick help with V-Force 3  (Read 8500 times)

stewart

Re: Quick help with V-Force 3
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 01:49:57 AM »
here is a picture of the rad valve with the reed block machined off the area is very small

stewart

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 01:54:39 AM »
a stock cab measures about 40 mm at the intake side  of its bore  ..that is about   1.570  dia  the rad valve when cut like this has around a 1.300 hole  with a bridge in the center thats already removed from this one....these and the mossberger reed blocks are nice alumiun constrution but do not compare with the double  tip area of the v force setup

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 02:23:47 AM »
  :-D
  Thank you Stewart for taking time out to post piccy's & all.   I think sometimes it's hard to get the tone of a post when we spent more time in high school dreaming about cars and bikes & all and not really paying a whole lot of attention to english,grammer and the like.  I (Like lot's of other Guys) do our best to get our point of view across without being antagonistic or judgemental.   Some guys may be a little rough around the edges but certainly mean well.
   Thank you, and the rest of the Guys who "Know a thing or two, about a thing or two"  and put up with the rest of us tryin' to catch up!     
  There are quite a few of us who don't enter into these type of threads not on account we're not interested, don't care, or are just plain lazy..
   I (We) are grateful for you all are willing to teach/inform  us and just flat don't have anything to add of any value.
Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline BasketCase

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 04:58:34 AM »
Hi I just got my cylinder back from plating and my new V-Force 3 in, and when I install the V-force it is very snug in the cylinder, like the reed stops and too wide for the opening in the cylinder and when installed they actually are squeezed a little. Is this NORMAL with V-3 ? Please anybody that has installed these please let me know. Thanks ERIC  :?

Saturday I installed my V3 reeds with a 3/8" spacer and did not notice any interference or snuggness (is that a word), does the spacer alleviate the problem or did I get something wrong?
Nitrous is like a hot chic with STD's , you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 05:06:56 AM »
that looks small next to a standard reedblock and cage.I know in certain inlet places they make(4 stroke inlet tract/2 stroke ports) narrower to increase the charge speed but that looks like its been taken to the extreme.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline BDI

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 05:27:19 AM »
here is a picture of the rad valve with the reed block machined off the area is very small
Thats what I want a rad valve for right there. Stewart does it look like theres enough metal to fit it to the V-force.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:35:50 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 12:00:19 PM »
Stewart
You would be surpised on how small you could go with the tunnel before it causes performance problems. It all depends on the use of bike and motor.

Offline kawi4ever

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 08:43:20 AM »
I checked the rate of water flow between my v-force 3 and rad valve, and i had some interesting results..hopefully stewart can chime in.. I used a exact measure of water (about 12ounces) in each valve and the V-force was 24.89 sec to drain but the Rad valve was 46.7 sec and did not fully drain.. This has me stumped.. hopefully stewart or anybody else that tests there reed tension like this could help. Thanks  :-D