Author Topic: Boyeson Rad Valves?  (Read 1649 times)

Offline demographic

Boyeson Rad Valves?
« on: September 23, 2006, 07:17:24 AM »
Over here (In sunny :roll: Britain) Boyeson is a name we trust so I have been tempted by a Rad valve but a lot of you are running V Force reed blocks, now as I run this bike on the road I am quite fond of topend poke with a bit of over-rev for it.

Have any of you tried both and what did you think?

As they are both fairly spendy I don't really fancy getting something that turns out to be a bit crap.

Thanks very much regards Scott

hangtime

Re: Boyeson Rad Valves?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 11:03:25 AM »
Howdy,
I bought the rad valve mostly because it comes as a complete intake assembly (my rubber boot is shot). They come with two stage reeds which are probably better than stock for bottom end. I think I'll also go with 14/48 sprockets to help a little with the bottom end.

Offline YUNGGUNNAZ

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 12:02:06 PM »
i think you will be happy with the rad valve.it does pickup the top end and will do more if slight mods are done.this is along with proper gearing though.

mikesmith

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:52:48 PM »
As said above rad valve is more on top,the V is broader.

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 03:57:08 AM »
Personally, either reed setup would be great since they are both Carbon Fiber and will last/perform longer than stock.

I use the Boyesen Rad Valve because it comes with an aluminum body that replaces the stock rubber boot.  It has a smaller rubber connector that has less contact with the fuel which cause rubber breakdown.

The V-Force requires you to modify/cut/trim your stock rubber boot to mount up the reed block.

With carbon fiber you can pull the reeds and flip them over every season/year of riding so as to reduce the fatigue/memory factor with the reeds bending during use.

Sly