Author Topic: Motard  (Read 2700 times)

b0dem

Motard
« on: July 15, 2006, 04:56:51 PM »
The idea of conveting my kx5 to supermotard has been in the back of my head for awhile.
Anyone know a place to get all the stuff I need?
Also I live in Tennessee, and I`m not sure if I can get it street legal, mostly because its a loud 2 stroke.
what`s it like where everyone else lives?

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Re: Motard
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 12:42:55 PM »
In Oklahoma it's easy to get a bike street legal.  I think the K5 would pass the sound test.  The main thing they want is lights, horn, tag light, blinkers and mirrors.  Let us know how it goes. 
KX 500 Rider

Offline Mhardee

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:11:08 AM »
The idea of conveting my kx5 to supermotard has been in the back of my head for awhile.
Also I live in Tennessee, and I`m not sure if I can get it street legal, mostly because its a loud 2 stroke.

Where in TN? I am in Bartlett (suburb of Memphis)..

Mark
'03 KX500
AMA
MMC
VSTA

b0dem

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 04:32:39 AM »
Murfreesboro, about 20 miles south of Nashville. We need to hook up with hughes, and whoever else lives close, and hit some trails up!

Gonzo

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 06:43:02 PM »
Over here in Blighty, as far as I'm aware, all you need is a horn, a no. plate and tax disc and a good idea is a brake light and a mirror for a daytime ticket, but I've seen a few 'motards with just the plate and tax.

Good place to get wheels made up is central wheel components. Bit pricey, but then you get what you pay for. It's all top-quality kit. :mrgreen:

http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/

Offline demographic

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 05:02:38 AM »
I got my wheels direct from Talon and they were very friendly indeed.

Where are you in "Blightly"?

Gonzo

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 07:12:55 AM »
Down on the south coast in Eastbourne, just down the road from Brighton.

Would update my profile to say so, but I can't work out how...

Offline demographic

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 07:30:22 AM »
Ahhh, fair nuff :-)

thrasher

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 02:48:43 PM »
Just about to street legal my 01 kx500 in Flagstaff, AZ. No inspections here. What you have to have though is headlight, tail light, brake light, horn, and mirror. My main concern is being hassled by the cops for the noise. I just want to be able to ride the 1 mile from my house to get to the woods. Also, there is something very cool about riding a bike as crazy as the 500 LEGALLY on the street.

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »

Motard conversion: EXPENSIVE, but must be one incredible adrenalin rush!

I live in NH, and registering a "trail bike" for road use is a snap. You need a functioning tail/brake light, DOT tires, headlight, mirrors, speedo, and a horn. New Hampshire is very "laxed" on these rules. I had no speedo, but I did have an odo, I also used a marine "air horn" and the garage that inspected my WR250F said it "works" so it's ok.

I think I would have far more problems registering a KX500, simply from the noise.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 02:07:08 AM »
 I just got a KLR650 and it makes me want to "street" the KX500 real bad.  Don't get me wrong I like the KLR but it's like a KX500 that needs to go on a diet and go to the gym.  About 150 pounds heavier and only 40 horse power.  I can just imagine a street legal K5 in super moto trim.
Danger
KX 500 Rider