Author Topic: What year...  (Read 1782 times)

Ride

What year...
« on: August 24, 2006, 12:47:22 PM »
...did they go to the prolink type linkage? I thought my bike was a 88 because it has the standard linkage below the shock. I received a really nice Clarke tank today and it is close to fitting but not right at all around the rear of the tank where the subframe is. My bike has a lug and bolt holding the tank on near the back that goes through the tank. The Clarke tank has a nutsert in it got a seat post mine does not have. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I'm guessing I have a 87 but looking at bikepics.com I thought the 87 had the linkage above the shock like the very early Uni-track. Man I want to use this tank but no go.

So what year bike do you think mine is? It has an aluminum sub frame, lower linkage and a bolt that goes through the tank near the rear.

thanks.

Offline Polar-Bus

Re: What year...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »
...did they go to the prolink type linkage? I thought my bike was a 88 because it has the standard linkage below the shock. I received a really nice Clarke tank today and it is close to fitting but not right at all around the rear of the tank where the subframe is. My bike has a lug and bolt holding the tank on near the back that goes through the tank. The Clarke tank has a nutsert in it got a seat post mine does not have. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I'm guessing I have a 87 but looking at bikepics.com I thought the 87 had the linkage above the shock like the very early Uni-track. Man I want to use this tank but no go.

So what year bike do you think mine is? It has an aluminum sub frame, lower linkage and a bolt that goes through the tank near the rear.

thanks.

Go to the Kawasaki parts website, enter your VIN #, and it will tell you exactly what year bike you have.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Re: What year...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 12:33:45 AM »
Post some pictures. My 87 500 has the lower link under the rear shock just like new bikes.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com