Author Topic: Riding Stories!  (Read 34722 times)

Offline bansheemaniac

Re: Riding Stories!
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 11:09:10 AM »
Heres a story of a very expierienced quad rider(me) riding his first dirtbike(kx500).

Well last september i was rider with some of my buddys and we rode about 7 hours that day, but it was around 530 pm and i was feeling some food, but as we were on the trails back to grab some chow i past a fun/huge hill climb that i climb on my stretched kfx700 quad. But as i got about 50 yards from the hill i waved my hand to my buds and told them to turn around and i wanted to climb that hill.(mistake) I was doing quite well on two wheels all day only fell twice prior to this hill climb. So anyways as i looked at the hill i found a path to take so i took it, and low and behold made it all the way to the top no prob at all, then as im still in 3rd gear about 40 ft from the top of the hill, im rippin along and there in the trail was a rock the size of a football :-o   i hit it with the front tire, the handlebars went lock to lock at least 6 times, as this was happening i was like 'this is going to hurt'. Then finally it went to one side and i felt my self falling over, then my elbow hit me in the chest and it hurt alil, then when i hit the dirt the handlebar whipped around and hit me in the same spot as my elbow hit me i have never felt pain as bad as this, thats all i remembered until about 10min later when i woke up to my friends standing around me, i went to stand up and fell back down into the fetal position in an incredible amount of pain. After i finally got up (all 6ft 8in 300lbs of me) i could here and feel that my ribs were deffinately broken, turns out i broke/seperated 4 ribs and bruised a few others, the bruise that was on my skin was so bad blood was coming through my skin were the was no cut. Oh and almost forgot, that i had to ride all the way back to the truck.    I havent rode since, But im not a quitter, my saying is, 'rub dirt in it, and take a lap'. Im goin out this weekend to a local spot with my friends.

Ride on guys, never give up,
Lance

Offline DSPMOTO

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 03:51:03 AM »
24 hour race in alambam 2012. finanlly won it overall. the team i ride for (action kawasaki) has been trying for 10 years to do it. this  was my 7th year on the team. this past year we had mose howard from fl, jon mcCabe from fl, myself (garrett edmisten) from fl, destry abbott you all know who he is, gary southerlin from ca, and jacob augurbright from ca. couldnt have asked from a better team. if you havent done a 24 hour race before you should try one. they are a lot of fun. nothing but good times with your buddys. hopefully next year destry and crerw with come back over to the east coast so we can defend are number one plate.

Offline kawboy

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
24 hour race in alambam 2012. finanlly won it overall. the team i ride for (action kawasaki) has been trying for 10 years to do it. this  was my 7th year on the team. this past year we had mose howard from fl, jon mcCabe from fl, myself (garrett edmisten) from fl, destry abbott you all know who he is, gary southerlin from ca, and jacob augurbright from ca. couldnt have asked from a better team. if you havent done a 24 hour race before you should try one. they are a lot of fun. nothing but good times with your buddys. hopefully next year destry and crerw with come back over to the east coast so we can defend are number one plate.

That wouldn't be Maplesville would it?  Never raced the 24 hrs, but have rode many miles at Reynolds pasture.
... Good times, Good times ...
American by birth,Southern by the grace of God!

Offline DSPMOTO

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »
Yes that's is the 24hr in mapelsville. Love that place. One of the best riding places ever.

Offline PeterVof

Riding Stories
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2017, 07:29:56 AM »
Gloves, Shoes, and Pants Everytime I Ride

Riding Jacket whenever it isnt like 100 degrees outside