Author Topic: Riding Stories!  (Read 34723 times)

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
Re: Riding Stories!
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 05:18:35 PM »
picture of the jumps :lol:
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

n2682

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »
yeah that action crossed my mind but i couldnt seem to find it and i was moving pritty fast with no real place to go so i had to abandon that idea and go to plan B

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 07:28:40 PM »
this story did give me shivers ,i believe you instantly

why ?

i lost a very good friend of mine back in 96,
he rode for just 6 months with his 1000cc motorcycle.
then one day he was riding fast like 110 mph on a 50 mph road.
and he crashed while overtaking several cars in a slow turn

so there was a funeral and lot,s of tears and greeve :cry:
and his mum gave me a couple of books belonged to him.
i was happy(under the given circumstance) and accepted the gift

two years later i moved to my own appartment.
now comes the scary part so stop here if not feelin comfortable !!

i had the interior of the app. repainted and furnished,
also small cupboard with his and my books stuffed in it,
and i mean stuffed you couldn,t get a book out they were pressed together.

one night i heard big bang ,i jumped out of bed and looked around..
all the books where exploded from the cupboard on to the ground,
laying in half a circle ,and also a candle was raised upside down .... :-o
one of my buddy,s who slept next door (college housing )
also woke up by the noise of this event..

i,ve never been so scared in my whole live ,
never did ouija or anything related and now this came into my live

books have been banned to my mums house in the barn
we putted them on a shelf with his pic standing in front
next day the books came off the shelf by one inch or so
we still believe he didn,t want to throw his own pic of ...

lesson i drawed from all this ,
i waited 10 years before daring to get license for motor,
and guess he wanted to warn me for his mistake
he was ripped out of live in a split sec.
after this occuring he went to a better (place)

till one day i,ve had a dream
and in that dream he came to me ....
and it was so beautiful ,he was so beautifull ,happy &strong &smiling
and he came and laid hand on me shoulder and smiled

while i,m typing this story my tears are rolling again
i apologize for this long story, not directly related to riding stories.

but because of JS,s story it had to come out
do with it what you want ,dont judge him or me
believe what you want , i know there,s alot more b,tween heaven&earth

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 03:08:14 PM »
i def. can say you,re a believer too
do you tell this story to people ??
my story is mostly to scary for most people ,
some say i dont belief,some say don,t tell
some gettin scared some think you,re lill retarded

anyway i wanna thank you for sharing with me and all others
its a real thing happening and good you took your warning from it!!

i didn,t jump on a road bike for like 11 years after my buddy died
because back then i was a young wild guy
now i,ve got the common sense required to stay alive on big motocycle

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 06:35:29 AM »
that s a miracle escape js  :-o

it was you,r guardian angel doing good job then.
he could keep up with you.

i have lots of story,s since i,m a truckdriver ,
also did lots of crazy stuff with small frontwheeldrive 2 liter cars,

we put 2ooo cc under the hood ,car is 700 kg
then topspeed was 234 km/h
acc. from 0/100 in 5.0 sec flat  :lol:

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
Its not told very much. but a half dozen have told me similiar stories to yours after hearing it. something happens that gives them the sense that there passed on friend is around then they see them in a dream and are at peace after the episode.

glad you don,t think i,m crazy
its more common then i thought ,so thanks for telling !!

photo of 4th of july from the story, the race ends on the top of the mountain in the second picture, view from my front yard today. if you veiw the picture you can see the road below the ski area going through the woods then you go up the switchbacks just above the ski area on the right side of the mountain then once your on top of the switch backs its full throttle all the way over to the left mountain top.  the finish line is 14,500ft

woow nice pics i know pikes peak is worldfamous
everyone races up the pike in cars ,on bikes

really dangerous stuff as pic shows :-o :-o

Offline kiwimonster

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 08:16:59 AM »
BACK IN 1996 I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW KX 500 AND WENT TO A LOCAL MX NOW BEING YOUNG AND COCKY I ENTERED THE PRO OPEN CLASS WHICH HAD JOSH COPPINS AND 6 TOP RANKED RIDERS IN IT, I REMEMBER COPPINS SAYING TO ME ON THE START, A HOLE SHOT MACHINE YOU GOT THERE BOY.  NO ONE CALLS ME BOY. IM 6FT AND WAYS A HUMBLE 152KGS.   WELL I PULLED A WHEELSTAND ALL THEY WAY DOWN THE START STRAIGHT. SECOND INTO THE FIRST CORNER. RIDING LIKE A MANIAC. LAST LAP RUNNING FORTH,  GETTING VERY NACKERD,  I CAME TO A 8 METER DROP OFF. THERE WERE ABOUT 5 OF THESE IN THE TRACK. ALSO VERY ROCKY.  SO I COMES INTO THIS CORNER THAT TURNS INTO THE DROP OFF AND THE BIG 5 SAYS ENOUGH AND HIGH SIDED ME OVER THE DROP OFF.  HEAD FIRST ON TO THE STONES BELOWE. HMMMMM. I WOKE UP . AND EVERYTHING WAS RED.  I SAT UP AND START TO COME BACK INTO THE LAND OF THE LIVING. TO REALISE THERE WERE BIKES LANDING BESIDE ME OFF THE DROP OFF. THE FLAG MARSHEL HADENT SEEN ME GO DOWN. LUCKLY A MATE WHO WAS RACING PUT HIS BIKE DOWN AT THE TOP TOO SLOW ALL THE OTHER RIDERS DOWN THEN YELLED HES DEAD HES DEAD.   WELL I COULDNT FIGURE WHY IT WAS STIIL RED. TILL I TOOK MY GOGGLES OFF AND THEY WERE FULL OF BLOOD.     I BROKE THE FRONT OFF MY HELMET. SPLIT MY HEAD INSIDE THE HELMET .BROKE MY STURNEM. TWO MASSIVE BLACK EYES. ONE ARM THAT WENT BLACK FROM MY FINGERS TO MY SHOLDER. AND A LUMP ABOVE MY EYE THE SIZES OF A ORANGE.  HMMMMMM THE GOOD OLD DAYS.    AFTER 10MINS OR SO I ASKED WERE MY HORSE WAS. I USED TO RIDE WHEN I WAS YOUNG, THEY SAID YOU RACING MX NOT HORSE RIDING.  DAMMMMM FUNNY.
d c scrivens

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2008, 08:35:35 AM »
 :-o was your caps hanging on in here  :roll:

anyway scary story man ...i m glad not to have such an experience..
however i did had a same sit. on hand.
it was that i had holeshot for the first and then the sec jump i felt right after it...
all the riders still had too come over the jump and i laid there underneath my 250 ,
man was i scared omg  :-o

Offline dsrtrider

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 10:56:34 AM »
Lost in the desert story

this past winter i was on my kx500 and had 2 friends on a yamaha 450f and a honda 250f and we were on last ride for the day when the 450f rider suddenly hit a sharp rock on a woop and cracked his bottom case.  Oil everywhere so he was done.  My friend on the 250f stayed with him and i went back to get my truck.  we thought we were just over 1 small hill.  i came up over the hill and no camp.  i saw some riders and asked directions and they sent me in the wrong direction.  turns out we went to far north then our camp and then too far east.  I turn and was heading west and realized my tank was getting low and it was approaching dark.  i kept me cool and saw a freeway and headed for it.  once i got to the freeway i saw signs for the road i needed and made it back to camp.  at that point there was no way i remebered where i left my buddies at and cell phones were not picking up that great.  Apparently another group of riders found my buddies and had a gps and they were able to call our camp with coordinates.  my friend with the 250f left our broken down 450friend and also got lost heading back but we both arrived same time, got in his 4x4 pickup, opened up his never-been-used gps and tried to program it as we headed out.  fortunaltly we figured it out and it led us to our friend just as the sun was setting.  we drove back to camp in the dark in the truck and all vowed to never ride without a gps again.
current bike 2007 ktm 300 xc-w - keeping two strokes alive
1994 kx500 -sold-made me the man i am today

1990 kx500-sold
1982 kx250-sold
1979 rm125-sold
1978 kdx125 -sold
1977 xr75 - first bike

Offline kiwimonster

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 04:43:37 PM »
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS ITS WAS EARLY IN THE MORNING.  another great crash story.  about 1989 i was racing a harescramble on a ....i hate to say it xr 200.  about 2 1/2 hours in i was 3rd closing on 2nd and getin a bit loose we were racing a tight wooded section that was heavily mined [not exspolsive .gold type] i was going way to fast into a right hander when i over shot the corner and was plowing thru dense scrub just kept it pinned. when i see this bloody grat hole apear in front of me . so i try to wheelstand over it but just case it out the bike and i both stopped dead. it tipped over backwards and i fell down the shaft. about 15 feet then the bike fell on top of me. so here i am cant move. no one knows im down there. so i took my helmet off and thru it up out the hole. lucky for me it landed on the track and a couple of other riders spotted it and heard me yelling. so they tie a rope to the front wheel pull out the xr then me. they reckon i was white as a ghost. so got back on and managed to get back to 4th no back mud guard or muffler. it made the local paper.  my dads a miner. funny stuff.
d c scrivens

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 06:00:13 PM »
 :-D no prob kiwimonster  :wink:

btw this story is scary too man !
what if no one heard you or if you were to wounded to throw ...
you must praise your luck here i think.

btw if its you in the avatar ,
and that xr fell on top of you it probably got damaged by the impact with you LOL
you,re not one of the smallest people  :lol:

Offline k5for-life

• its not what you ride its that you ride thats all
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »

ok this goes back to my honda days! lol Me and a buddy going out to inks lake cam knows about it, just got the honda fix'ed (for once) so start it up not even thinking to warm it up a lil a start'd to ride hard drag racin my bro i pop'ed it down from 5th to 3rd not thinkin my motor went pop i went f#$k so walk back to the truck drove to my bros rip'ed apart the motor shatered piston cracked jug bent crank rod and crank so that was the last time my CR ever ran hell of a race bike
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground

Motorrad

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »
well. got my 1974 husqvarna 250cr mag running this weekend..

Took it out for its first spin since being down for a few months.

Made it about a mile from camp, and the rear exaust mount breaks (only has 2)  so, I start riding back to camp with one hand on the bars, the other holding the pipe on..

Then POP, BRRRRRRR... as I watch the spark plug (extra one, bike has 2) shoot off into the desert... As I think to myself, Hmmm forgot to tighten the second plug...

So after about 5min of looking for the plug, I clean her off.. Screw it back in, start the bike, and start riding back to camp, Holding the pipe on with my leg, and holding the plug in with my hand.... riding cross armed (left hand on the throttle) in order to do so...

Made it back... without going for a hike...

Fixed em and rode it the rest of the weekend with my father on his (bought new) 1974 250wr husqvarna he used to desert race etc..

Not the best story. Just my weekend outing...

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 03:19:09 PM by Motorrad »

Offline ShadeTreeFab

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2009, 02:48:11 AM »
x-mass morning got the k5 back together with presents from the wife. so me and two friends go riding yesterday in a place i have not been in about 5 years.  first thing i notice is the new crank seal did not seal. so about 2 pm we decide to go up a fire road and back down a single track. some how i got on the wrong trail and got completely lost. after a while i came across two guys at a fork in the trail, i ask if they have a map and the response was "great now theirs 3 dum sh@#s lost in the woods".so we start trying to make are way to camp. they said they had an idea of the way. now its snowing and almost dark, so the three of us are clipping a long. I'm last in line so of course i run out of gas. they don't notice and keep going. great lost, in the snow, in the dark, pushing the bike. it don't get no better then this! push up a big hill, coast down a little hill it went like this for miles.they realize I'm not with them any more and come back, one of them is on a ktm 2t so he gives me enough gas to get to a paved road, the other guy is on a yama wr head light thank god. so we decide we'll take the ticket and ride down the road. like 10 miles later I'm at the truck, my friends are still out looking for me so I'm locked out of the truck.load my bike and go to sleep under the truck. about a half hour later they come back. they said i scared the crap out of then and they had the rangers out looking for me.

to the two guys from santa rosa who helped the guy on the smoking kx5 in cc camp on dec/26/09 my wife says thank you so much.

mark
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 03:05:05 AM by ShadeTreeFab »

Offline blueoval

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2009, 03:05:52 AM »
The year was 1979.  I was on my first bike, an old, beat up xr80 (i think thats what it was).  Hardly had money to put gas in it let alone buy any parts for it.  My two buddies were on brand new kx80's.  We were really flying down this dirt road and there was a cable across the road at just the right height.  Just above the front tire and just below the front fender.  By the time I saw it it was too late and I crashed into the cable and it shattered the front fender - there were tiny red pieces of plastic all over the place.  I didn't get hurt, but since I couldn't afford a new fender I rode many months with no front fender.  This was when living in Western Washington where there is A LOT of RAIN and MUD!  What a sight that was. 
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.