Author Topic: The Black Trail  (Read 6735 times)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
The Black Trail
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:47:48 PM »
We have a new trail opened at the Crosstimbers Riding Area.  Expert only.  We rode it Sunday 9- 7- 08.  The K5 performed flawlessly.  This trail is 18 miles of very tight, switch backs, drop off's into the creek and muddy steep climbs out of the creek.  4 of us started the ride.  I set the pace as the leader on the K5.  Before it was all said and done.  The Honda 450 rider took the first short cut and went back to the trucks.  The Yamaha 450 riders bike was puking radiator fluid.  The XR400 was boiling the oil in the cooler and sounded like a coffee pot percolating.  It was in the 90's and no wind.   I am so glad I rode the K5,  I started to take the KLR650 so I did not have to load the truck.  That would have been a big mistake.  The K5 has the power to get you hurt but more importantly it has the power to get you out of trouble.  Many of the steep hills would have a turn half way up because of trees in the way.  With the flywheel weight my bike was hooking up good.  This whole area is made and maintained by volunteers, nothing like real off road motorcyclist designing a riding area.  And then building it.  Pictures of me doing the tire crossing.  2nd set from last month on the KLX250 and no I did not do the Black Trail on the KLX.  It had rained so we did the Green and the Red trail.  It was a mud fest.  I'll do some helmet cam stuff when the weather starts to cool.
Danger4u2
KX 500 Rider

Offline KXcam22

Re: The Black Trail
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 05:14:38 PM »
Danger,
  Can't wait to see the helmet cam footage.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:16:28 AM »
What I would give to have a course like that around here. Everything, and I mean everything, has left this area. Most MX tracks have shut down, given in to the high tax dollars to own a piece of land around here, and sold the land to developers wanting to build crackerbox houses and condo's. tsk tsk tsk.. Back on to topic, nice area, can't wait to see some realtime footage. 

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 06:12:03 PM »
The K5 has the power to get you hurt...  1)
but more importantly it has the power to get you out of trouble.  2)

1) Ugh... don't I know it. (As I wait around for Mother Nature to take her sweet time to heal me.)
2) So so true.  Man... sometimes it's like you feel like a freakin Jedi Knight.. especially when it comes to chasing down someone in front of you on the Desert Floor!
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

stewart

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 08:53:03 PM »
i like dangers story     ,,sometimes i show up to ride with the new 450 four stroke guys  and they look at the older looking bike to them ,,  the k5  ,,like i am giong to be in there way or behind them ,,then after some class are given  in  ,,, respect for the roost,,,,,they have a diffrent precption  once they catch up to tell u about it

200x350xtriz250

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »
Thanx for the pics! Looks like a good time for sure.