Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2985 times)

Matt Fisher

Hello
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:42:11 PM »
I just joined and figured I'd say hi.

Currently I ride a 03 CR250, and my 7 yr old son's on a KTM Pro Jr, but I'm going to move him to a KX65 in the very near future.

Somewhere down the line I'll pick up a desert bike, and the KX500 is one of 2 bikes that appeal to me for high-speed playing around (the other is the KTM550).  Right now I'm still getting acclimated to being on 2 wheels instead of the quads I've been on for a decade.

My daughter just turned 2, so in about a year I expect that she'll be motorized, and at that point I'll get the wife a bike too.  She actually had a KX100 last year but never even rode it.

I live in Visalia, CA.  It's in the central valley.  Hot.  And flat.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:09:34 PM »
Sooooo, whats red and orange and goe... never mind  :-D

Welcome Matt, you should be able to find any and everything you ever wanted to know about the big KX from the people that frequent this little piece of the web.

BTW, how did a Honda jockey find us?

Offline Timbowe

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:11:29 PM »
Matt.  Go green bro! Good to have ya here!
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 11:31:40 PM »
Welcome Mat! 

That kind of quads have you been riding?

Come on Paul!  I have 5 Kawie's and only 3 of them are green! He He! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what's Geeen and red and Green and Black and green?

Alan :-D :-) :-D
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Matt Fisher

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 02:56:55 AM »
Paul-  I'd visited the old Pitbull site a few times.  I'm very much brand agnostic; don't care what mfg or color it is that I'm having fun with- as long as I'm having fun.  I was reminded of this site whan perusing one of the other msg boards- I think it was dirtrider.

Alan-  I traded my pumped up TRX400EX for the current CR250.  Prior to that my atv's consisted of a TRX250R, a Quadracer, and a ATC250R.  I grew up trailriding dirtbikes and about a decade ago switched to quads.  Feeling like I'd mastered them and wanting a challenge, I decided to go back to 2 wheels.  I'll probably pick up another quad in a few years for the sand dunes though.

Thanks for the welcomes.   :-)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:00:04 AM »
Welcome Matt! Glad to have you here. Yeah, two wheels are better than four. LOL :)

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 07:40:45 AM »
I'll probably pick up another quad in a few years for the sand dunes though.

What ?  Grab a KX5, put a paddle on it, and tear up the sand ! The only way to ride the dunes is on a biike.  Welcome to you by the way  :wink:

Sly