Author Topic: if you run V-Force or RAD, do you need a reed spacer?  (Read 3122 times)

ShanMan

if you run V-Force or RAD, do you need a reed spacer?
« on: May 13, 2003, 08:02:22 AM »
It occures to me that the valve body itself may already have some of if not all the offset that would otherwise be provided by a spacer. Am I all wet here?  :?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 08:18:35 AM »
The VForce Delta II doesn't have any additional spacer built in, BUT it does work VERY well with the Moose reed spacer.

ShanMan

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 08:32:22 AM »
well then, with that said, what is the biggest benefit from a VForce and a spacer? Does it both smooth out and increase power across the whole rev range?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 09:15:55 AM »
I had a RAD valve and went to the VForce.

The RAD valve seemed to "move" the power to the upper RPM's - didn't make more power just moved the powerband further into the RPM's. I didn't care for that too much.

My VForce seems to make more power eveywhere and it's smoother to boot. The spacer made the power feel almost electric it is so smooth. Just a real strong constant pull from off idle all the way to the top.

Between the VForce, the balanced crank, the spacer, and the flywheel weight this thing is as smooth as a baby's ass and pulls like there is no tomorrow.