Author Topic: MAD at UFO/Tuff Rac. Search KX 500 UFO/Tuff Black Airbox/swingarmMudplate Dilema  (Read 1779 times)

Offline grtsctt

I am very angry with UFO/Tuff Racing over this small issue.
They have been little or no help.
All I want them to do is to tell me whether or not they make a KK 500 black plate or not so I can go order another Co. if they don't make one, but he keeps saying he does make one???????

Why I have been so respectful and waiting patiently for a simple answer from Dave at UFO over the past year and a halph over this small piece of plastic I know not!!!!!

I wish all of you awesome K5 riders would try order one directly from him or your local shop today, and then I will ask him if he has ever had any trouble over ordering/obtaining one of these and Love to see what he would say!!!!!

I just want a Yes or No answer.

Tuff/(Dave Antolak is head of UFO/Tuff Racing) racing says they have never had a problem ordering this part, but every shop i order it from local shops it is the wrong part (3.5 inch spacing).
I think UFO does not make the part, and are too embarrassed? to admit it. Mudplate is the little plastic cow tongue hangs between swingarm and bolts to airbox.
I know Maier makes one, but i am told that Acerbis/UFO is better plastic.
UFO lists the part as fiting 125/250/500 which is a joke since the 500 is way wider bolt hole spacing, and the holes are pre-drilled in the UFO part.  The stock KX500 flaps only come in white.
If anyone can get me a UFO/Acerbis black one or knows where to get one, please help me.

Thanks KXriders

Please read my correspondence with UFO below.
First he said he would get me one from Italy when he goes, and then he changed his mind and said that i should call my parts man and have him call Dave/ufo to see what my parts guy doing/ordering wrong-Dave said he has never had anyone have a problem/complain about ordering this part?????????  I don't believe this, esp. now.

11/10/2005
Mr. Dave Antolak,
We spoke over the phone a couple of days ago around
fri 7/8/05 about a 2002 Kawasaki KX 500 Mud Plate.
We also spoke on this a few months ago.
I told you last fri that I would e-mail you the
dimensions(hole center to hole center spacing) of the
OEM/stock wht/natural KX500 mud plate *(5" inch) as
well as the UFO aftermarket black plate
(12-814)KA02740001 (3.25") that is supposed to fit my
bike that in reality does not fit.

*02 KX500 stock= 5" inch spacing
12-814 UFO= 3.5" inch spacing

***I need blk. UFO mud plate with five 5"inch spacing.

You said that the one coming from Italy may fit my
bike is listed in your book as (KA02724 fits 89 KX500)
This clue you gave me may be the missing link/piece of
info. in my dilema. My airbox on my 2002 KX500 should
be the same as the 1989 KX500 box.

At any rate you said you would try to track it down
and try to find me the one that fits my bike.
You said it would take a while, and I will gladly wait
for you.
Please find me one and keep me posted, and respond
when you know something or have progress.

Thanks a buch for everything Dave.
Your work is greatly appreciated.
I just got some green fenders/sd panels/# plate from
you that are great/beautiful.

Thanks,
Scott

--- Dave Antolak <dave@tufracing.com> wrote:

> 1-800-call-tuf

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
I can not help on this one, I stopped running on eof those years ago in favor of a shock sock. You can see the blue one I ran in this picture. Poor quality picture though, sorry.

Offline Timbowe

I too ordered a 250/500 item in black and when it was recieved there was no way it was gonna fit the five hundie. If you track one down be sure and let us know. I've never seen one. Surely someone would produce something ? :?
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master