Author Topic: i got no top end??  (Read 5266 times)

Offline KXcam22

Re: i got no top end??
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 05:22:36 PM »
Cory,
  Try taking off the flywheel weight for your next test.  I'm assuming it's a steahly so it comes off pretty easy.  They soften the power quite a bit. It might be what you're looking for.  Take it for a test ride with no weight, then drop your needle all the way and try it again.  As for the needle, I am assuming you are running the N82M (stock) needle.  If you will always stay at altitude, you might want to go all the way to the N82R.  When you get the jetting right the power should be very linear and controllable (but also dump you on your ass at times). Cam.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 03:36:29 AM »
When you get the jetting right the power should be very linear and controllable (but also dump you on your ass at times). Cam.

You say that like it is a bad thing!

When your jetting is right, you will know. :-) It makes a big difference in power delivery.

kix500

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 06:07:48 AM »
the fly wheel weight is welded on. so i cant take it off. also if any one has a set up for my altatude that has worked for them maybe you could give it to me as a start point. ?? one more thing it doesn't seem to want to pick up the tire. i think it is due to no traction. i have a brand new tire on maxxis intermediat. what is a good tire for this bike??

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 06:24:39 AM »
I ran the Michellins, M12 out back and S12 up front.