Author Topic: SUSPENSION  (Read 2090 times)

Offline rocco

SUSPENSION
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:04:47 AM »
Hello all, Since I have only been riding for about 3 years, I have always had newer bikes.  But my love for the KX500 finally came full term when I got a 92 last week.  It is my only bike and my friends who ride 250f's fear it.   :-D

My question is who has done suspension and shock swaps from other bikes?  And what have people put on.  I am sure you all know what I am talking about about but for example if I got a set of forks from like a 06 kxf450, would they work and work well or is it more of a hassle than just maintaining the stock forks. 

For the rear shock, I would like to get my bike to sit higher and put a newer swingarm on...can I do the same with the rear? 

Thanks for all the advise! 
rocco

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: SUSPENSION
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:26:56 AM »
  HHmm...
 Rocco it sounds like you might want to put that '92 engine in a '10 chassis :-D
    Sorry... I know that's not much help... :|
  \o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline dirtjunkie85

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:41:29 AM »
I would think that if  you found some 450 forks that would fit in the triple clamps it would be a decenet mod. you would  probably just have to get them revalved to work well on the K5. as far as the swingarm and seat hight deal im not sure. but if your going to put all that work and money into it i would take friar tuck's advice and just find a 450 rolling chassis and throw the motor in it.  :evil:

Offline Big Yac

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
I don't know where you are but if you don't mind sending your suspension out, here http://parmadaveracing.com/ is the site of a friend of mine who is great at servicing, rebuilding, etc motors, suspension, and just about everything else.  Give him a call if you like.

Offline rocco

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »
HaHa, I think you are right Friar....ride my K5 like it is...save for the AL version   :-D