Author Topic: Castor Based Premix - who's using it?  (Read 5117 times)

Offline streetsleeper

Re: Castor Based Premix - who's using it?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2023, 06:08:12 AM »
THIS SHOWED UP IN RED FONT/TEXT ON A PINK HIGHLIGHTED BACKGROUND.
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

First of all, it's a shame that there have been some major changes in my absence. Reason? I don't seem able to simply send messages to the really Helpful/Knowledgeable/Friendly fellers I met when I first joined KXRiders.com back in 2018.
I don't know whether you're still around guys, or only accept email or personal messages (?), but it's important to me because although my KX and I are currently separated by 10,000 km and a big pond called the Atlantic Ocean, I've lost NONE of my keenness and enthusiasm for the project.
The world has changed a lot since I last read this thread, but funnily enough when I Googled "KX Castor Oil" the very first result to pop up was:
KXRiders.com
https://www.kxriders.com › forums
Castor Based Premix - who's using it? (Dated: 17th December 2018 and done by "streetsleeper" AKA me.)
Yep, I came back to the UK as my tenants moved out after 4 years so I had to sort the house out. Then we got hit by COVID-19, so no flights back to my family for 2 years; followed by unemployment (not easy when you're a really old geezer like me), and the world these days favours Bluetooth and Youth over Blueblood and Long in the Tooth - LOL! (really, I'm laughing out loud, 'cause !); plus it's gone mad with "Woke" stuff like the LGB on the QT - Alphabetti Spaghetti MGBGT.
BUT, I got back to Mexico in March/April 2023 and got the guy from whom I bought the KX500, and who subsequently stored it for all those years for me, to deliver it to my family's house where it's under a roof and plastic.
In the UK I just had to get a 2-stroke, but I'm boracic lint on the DWP's UC (you'll get it if you're British), so I got a Honda 50cc Stepthru made mostly of plastic (for £150) and I'm running it on, you guessed it, 45-year-old Castrol R30. And guess what else? She runs perfectly, plus, "I Love The Smell Of Castor Oil In The Morning - It's The Smell Of History!"

Offline jethrobolas

Re: Castor Based Premix - who's using it?
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2023, 01:19:39 AM »
I been running klotz beanol lately in the k5 and kdx. It smells awesome and I just realized the factory is only a couple hours away from me.  It claims to be de-gummed. Still feels kind of sticky, I wonder what my internals are going to look like. I need to pull the KDX apart soon because the counter shaft started leaking. Probably time for a new piston in there anyways. It gets a lot more use than the 500.