Author Topic: 1994 KX125 Carb Boot  (Read 763 times)

Offline Gappinfoos

1994 KX125 Carb Boot
« on: May 14, 2023, 05:41:58 PM »
So my carb boot is getting really cracked, on the verge of creating a vacuum leak. I went on eBay to find one and I found a few, but I'm lost as to what other year bikes also used the same carb boot as 1994. If anyone knows please let me know

Offline KXDINO

Re: 1994 KX125 Carb Boot
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 10:13:33 PM »
Check the part numbers where it says what other models it fits .

Offline Gappinfoos

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 05:47:35 PM »
I went on partzilla and ran the part #, it appears that the 1994 kx125 only had it. Kinda weird don't know if I believe that but I found one on eBay for my year so we all good. But my bike is running very rich. Its not fouling plugs or anything and it feels great but it just blows oil out the exhaust, like an excessive amount dripping down the entire silencer. I run a 50:1 mix so I don't think it's the mix, the jets in there I haven't touched but the main jet reads #380 and the pilot reads #40, I don't know what stock is. I'm running a hotter plug in it a 7 on the heat range instead of the original 9, and it seemed to have gotten maybe a little better but still excessive. It has a fatty pipe with a turbinecore 2 silencer with stock fiberglass reeds. I've used both Honda hp2 oil and Motule 2 stroke oil but both have the same effect, perhaps it could be the flash point of the oil? What would be the answer to the excessive oil being blown out the exhaust?  And what might be a better jet combo for the pipe?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 04:40:47 PM by Gappinfoos »

Offline KXDINO

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 09:00:14 PM »
jetting to rich , get that soughted and go back to a colder plug especially if that model has a exhaust bridge port.i like 32to 1 to 40 to1 on a 125 , test have shown that you get more power at 32 to 1 because the rings seal better,Check the reeds are not cracked or not sealing right.Air cleaner good?

Offline Gappinfoos

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 06:10:00 PM »
Yeah air cleaner's mint, try to clean it after every other ride, and since I took off the carb boot I've seen the reeds and their cherry they seal perfectly. I'm not as worried about the plug cause the bikes got oversized radiators and it seemed to not even get up to temp. Since going up on the heat range I put a gauge radiator cap on it and the gauge in 90-degree heat at its hottest read 200F but that was going slow doing some trails. When I got going around the track it went down to a nice 180. What would be a recommended pilot and main jet? the number on the main read 380 and after looking at some stock options they vary from #150-#165 so perhaps guy before me ran a massive main? He did tell me it blew up on him a couple of times, something about in 94 they had flat top pistons or something? some kind of high compression deal so he put a 97 piston in it. This is what he told me, I haven't had to crack into it. But dude probably didn't run a rich enough mix is all.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 03:49:57 PM by Gappinfoos »

Offline GCrites80s

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 01:14:41 PM »
I have no idea why someone would put a 380 main in there. Maybe they were used to Yamahas since they want you to make massive main jet changes for some reason. But even then that's a lot. Get that main down to the stock range. Your pilot doesn't seem too far off. Then you can fine tune with the needle clip since that is a huge part of where the bike spends most of its time. You can make a massive difference in spooge with just the needle clip once the jets are nailed. Spooge won't go away until the needle clip and airscrew are done -- which you do last unless you want to change the needle or slide which then come last unless they are the wrong parts. And finding accessory needles and slides for old carbs is difficult and often very expensive.

Now as far as the piston goes, the 93-94s were very bad about blowing up unless you ran race gas. I haven't heard of the '97 piston mod but if it fits properly and lowers the static compression it probably does get the pinging down since they weren't blowing up by then. I can't remember if it was solved for '95 but is was definitely by '96.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 01:18:02 PM by GCrites80s »