Author Topic: Are You Buyng KX500 Spare Parts?  (Read 1593 times)

Minnetonka_Mark

Are You Buyng KX500 Spare Parts?
« on: November 15, 2005, 05:09:37 AM »
If you plan on keeping your KX500, are you thinking about collecting some spare parts?  It seems that many vendors quickly stopped making and/or stocking parts for the KX500 once it went out of production in 2004.

I worry about the availability of rubber parts.  Such as the pre-molded coolant hoses, carb to reed valve boot, and carb to air box boot.

The plastic body parts are becoming difficult to find.

I suspect that pistons, rings, pipes and reeds will be available for many years.

Do you agree with my perception about parts availability or am I just worrying too much?

Are you buying spare parts?  If so, what are you buying?

Thanks-
Mark
Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA

Torch654

RE: Are You Buyng KX500 Spare Parts?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 05:15:34 AM »
I want to find a parts bike, but I probably would fix it up since I don't think I could bring myself to tear it apart. And yes I am replacing a lot of plastic and rubber that is worn.

Hogwylde

RE: Are You Buyng KX500 Spare Parts?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 01:26:30 PM »
I've been collecting spare parts for a couple years from Ebay.  Spare subframes, front and rear wheels, handlebars, seat, plastics, etc.  Ya know, things that frequently get damaged during a race.   I've also got a spare running bike that I can use for emergencies if my brother-in-law isn't using it to run a race with me.