Author Topic: Jetting a 38mm airstriker  (Read 1281 times)

Offline swindog

Jetting a 38mm airstriker
« on: November 25, 2020, 08:33:53 PM »
Hi guys, going to try run a 38mm airstriker just to try something new. I know alot of guys run them but I cant seem to find a thread about jetting them. Will the jetting be much different to a 39mm?

I usually run 55 pilot and 170 main, 3rd clip on needle at sea level. Any recommendations for a similar starting point on the 38mm??

Thanks

Offline RoostDaddy

Re: Jetting a 38mm airstriker
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 01:51:14 AM »
Depends on what needle you intended to run. I have played around with one for a short time, but never got it quite where I would like it. Maybe in the near future I will get back to it. A few people talk highly of this carb but I have yet to see any jets/needle that would get me close. Extremely rich down low. If you are running a new one from sudco, don’t bother with the DDJ needle. You are better off using the stock needle out of your stock carb. (Still not ideal, in my opinion).
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 12:26:15 PM »
Ive been running
48 pilot
165 main
Yamaha 4SR-14916-RW-00 NEEDLE (N8RW) in the 2nd from the top position.
#7 slide
pump gas
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline swindog

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 05:36:05 PM »
Mmmm most interesting.. I've heard someone say one of the benefits of the 38 airstriker is they are easier to jet. Doesn't sound that way!

Thanks for the reply lads, I'll get my hands on a N8RW needle and have a crack with that. Will also start with the 48 pilot. Real keen to see how it goes

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 02:16:58 AM »
I don’t think you will have to much trouble jetting it, once you find a good baseline. I know some people like the Yamaha dual tapers and others like the Suzuki triple tapers. I guess it depends on what you have or feel more comfortable with.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.