Author Topic: KX500 real dyno numbers at KX Guru Racing  (Read 3811 times)

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
KX500 real dyno numbers at KX Guru Racing
« on: August 08, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
KX Guru Racing has been working on some dyno runs with different pipes and reed combo's.
We have barely began but already have some good data to share.
Enjoy..

http://www.oem-cycle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1586
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline KXDINO

Re: KX500 real dyno numbers at KX Guru Racing
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 10:52:27 AM »
Good stuff sandblaster, but i would use motorex 2t full synthetic oil over motul 800 as i found it to leave a black coating on everything . even the vhm head guys say the same thing. Just my findings. I might have to get project farms to compare them  :-D

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »
Cool, thanks for the info.
I have used Motul 800 for the last 10 years and have not had any issues as you described.
And because we have already started this series of tests with the Motul 800 I will continue using it until the tests are complete.
I wonder if fuel is causing part of the issue for you.
I use 92 Non Methanol fuel (Clear Gas).
What are you using?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline mlstoner660

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 09:09:08 PM »
Just found this thread that's some awesome info thanks. I wonder how an npp or a growler pipe would do compared to the mass produced pipes? I'm thinking of ordering the growler just not sure if it would be worth changing to it over my pc2.
minor set backs bring major come backs

Offline KXDINO

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 09:32:11 AM »
98 octane i use , i can see the differance between useing both oils , i use to use the motul 800 and still useing the same fuel when useing  motorex and it cleaner, and a lot easier to clean the parts as well, i only tried motorex because vhm people said motul 800 was dirty and i notice it in a lot of 2t powervalves that it harder to clean off. vhm guys were right on the money.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 02:43:45 PM »
Just found this thread that's some awesome info thanks. I wonder how an npp or a growler pipe would do compared to the mass produced pipes? I'm thinking of ordering the growler just not sure if it would be worth changing to it over my pc2.

I have a Growler pipe.
it performs on par with a PC2 pipe.
The PC1 or the FMF Desert Gnarly are making more power.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 02:44:19 PM »
98 octane i use , i can see the differance between useing both oils , i use to use the motul 800 and still useing the same fuel when useing  motorex and it cleaner, and a lot easier to clean the parts as well, i only tried motorex because vhm people said motul 800 was dirty and i notice it in a lot of 2t powervalves that it harder to clean off. vhm guys were right on the money.

Good to know.

Offline mlstoner660

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 12:11:54 AM »
Thanks for the info concerning the growler Sandblaster. Looks like I need to go a different route seeing how it cost quite a bit more and performs similar to what I have. Trying to find something for my street 500 that will move the power higher in the rpm range and bump it up some.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 12:45:39 AM »
The PC1 or the FMF Desert Gnarly

Offline motorman455

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 08:20:47 AM »
It's also surprising to see how well the Rad Valve does. I've always assumed it was more of a low end improvement but seems to be helping peak power.

Offline mlstoner660

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 02:31:14 AM »
The PC1 or the FMF Desert Gnarly
When you say pc1 are you talking about the bell pc1 you tested or the regular pro circuit platinum? I checked my pipe again to make sure  of what I have and it's a pro circuit platinum not the 2 that I thought I had. Also is the Jon Bell you tested the same as or made by JSV Racing?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 02:40:04 AM by mlstoner660 »

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 04:38:47 PM »
You have a PC1 which should perform on par with the Jon Bell pipe.
We will be confirming those numbers for the PC1.