Author Topic: I installed the Rekluse Radiois x  (Read 1396 times)

Offline 1980mcneil

I installed the Rekluse Radiois x
« on: July 08, 2020, 02:37:01 PM »
So I install the rekluse clutch and I thought I would just put my findings in here.  Talk about my set up in case anybody is interested in the future. And answer any questions people might have.

I absolutely love it. The set up was super easy. After a couple rides I have not noticed any slipping from the clutch at any time. I ride trails single track mostly and fire roads. I recommend using all your normal shift points. The only change I’ve made when it comes to shifting is being able to stay in second gear On almost all single track. The only time I ever use first gear anymore Is when I come to a very slow obstacle or when I’m starting out on an incline. I could start in second just fine but no reason to put extra wear on the clutch. You won’t burn it up or hurt anything starting in second gear. Apparently guys have been doing it on the clutch for years with no bad results. but like any clutch it will wear down faster.

The clutch comes with recluses medium weights I believe. I just kept the weights in it that came from the factory.  You can get heavier weights for a quicker more solid lock up and lighter weights for a more feathered outfield. To me the medium weights are perfect. The clutch also comes with a mix of two types of springs that are used to set the stall. The red springs are for a quicker engagement and the green springs are for a later engagement. It comes from the factory with a mix of both springs for a medium engagement. The lower softer springs would have our bikes being pulled all the time. Pretty much unusable I think. The stock medium set up had my bike slightly pulling when it would fluctuate to the higher end of my RPM range while idol. So I’m gonna try out all green springs. It’s not much probably only a couple hundred RPM. I also want it to disengage easier on the trails when going down hills or otherwise leading off the throttle. I’ll update my findings after doing the switch. Let you guys know if the stall is too high and I go back to the settings I have now.

With all that said the clutch is amazing. It doesn’t take any fun out of riding.it just makes you a better rider and let’s you concentrate more on the trail. My buddies been riding his whole Life and he’s bad ass. I probably don’t even have 100 individual rides under my belt.  I made it up a tricky single track hill climb that he turned around on about halfway up.
My buddy was pretty impressed.

I don’t go down often. I’m a pretty slow methodical rider. Just enjoy myself. But I feel like I will go down even less with this.  You just feel more in control. And that hill climb with something I never would’ve probably bothered attempting before the clutch. If nothing else just because I wouldn’t feel like doing the work necessary. but with a recluse it was easy.  First day out and it had me try and stuff that I wouldn’t have bothered on before.

By far the best thing or enhancement I’ve done to my bike. I find myself just smiling and shaking my head on some trails. Just enjoying myself in the kind of rider it makes me.
I’ve got a 13 tooth front sprocket and a 52 or 54 in the rear I think. I might have to get back on that. I just put the bike in second gear and get on that low pipe and the thing just pulls you through anything. It’s pretty Phenomenal.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:52:37 PM by 1980mcneil »
2004 kx500
Accu-products decompression Valve
Powerdynamo heavy flywheel ignition
Pro-Circuit Platinum II / FMF PowerCore 2
Moose racing Reed spacer
Baja design duel sport kit
Plated.
Rekluse

Offline KXDINO

Re: I installed the Rekluse Radiois x
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 07:59:12 PM »
Sounds good.

Offline motorman455

Re: I installed the Rekluse Radiois x
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 08:46:50 AM »
I'm running the Rekluse setup as well. No issues with it. I put the lightest springs in for the latest engagement and like it better.  It wasn't way too noticeable over the std springs but did raise the engagement a few 100rpm. I'm running 15/50 gearing on mine but bored to 525, ported amd 15:1 compression. I also installed a flywheel weight. Its kinda funny when a bike i ride on the trails is too violent for the mx track! If you keep it in the low end before the 'hit', its very manageable in the trails though.